Peter Youngren fights with Swedish Christian media

In Sweden the end of October for a fund-raiser, Peter Youngren got into a dust up with media.

He was upset with an unfavorable review in Dagen (The Day) written by Kerstin Doyle.

So Dagen writer Carl Henric Jaktlund, who references an article from five years ago which pointed out that one of Youngren’s crusade crowd pictures was a cut and paste, offered Youngren an opportunity for an interview to respond to the latest criticism of his October trip.

Peter Youngren asked that questions be submitted to him in advance, and said he’d respond by email, giving the magazine no opportunity to ask further questions or seek clarification. (Youngren has done this with Canadian media – see this article in ChristianWeek). The explanation given for the cut and paste picture was that it was an error that had been corrected; however, the crowd paste scenes had been doctored with different clothes on the repeat cut/pasted people. Youngren also demanded his emailed response be placed prominently in Dagen.

Having set his own conditions, Youngren went to a blogger to publish his response to Dagen. He then popped into the comment section at the magazine and lit into the writers about the magazines investigation 5 years ago.

Daniel Graham promised an article and that was why I produced the video, which disproved the current attacks 2005th Much effort was put on to go through today’s criticism, point by point. So I am gullible. I actually thought about what Daniel Graham had said and I still had no idea that day was a Christian magazine, which would be different than a tabloid.

Graham promised up to a meeting in the summer of 2005 to talk through our differences. It’s pathetic how Daniel Graham is acting now. I understand how “stupid” I have been to believe in anything you say. Do not blame the DG and I have different recollections, this is documented. You had me portrayed for your readers with your lies for five and a half years.

You are worse than a tabloid, because you hide behind the “Christian” facade to talk about honesty and integrity. An evening paper is more honest, for which readers know that there actually is a “tabloid” one reads.

CHJ, you are an accomplished journalist and you say you do not know what to write? Watch the video and write what you see and hear and criticize it since all you want.

You ask why I call your writing “witch-hunt”. You insinuate to your readers that I have nothing to hide. You could have written a regular offerings, perhaps like this: “Peter, I know we’ve had our differences, but now I offer you an interview. I want to listen to and paraphrase your criticism, and while you may take our critical issues.” Your Friend, Doyle, wrote that I do not give interviews, after I had informed her that I never refuse an interview, with one exception-Day.

And now you want me to trust you and Carl-Henric, that you are interested in our work and want to be objective.

Let Daniel Graham first fulfill its promise of an article on the video. Do you dare to the Daniel Graham?

Or is Daniel Graham may have feared that if he writes something, people will themselves to order the video from ETAL. Then all their own determination of who tells the truth and it would probably be dangerous for the Day. – Peter Ljunggren

Okay. Moving into the present, what did Kerstin Doyle write about the recent trip that that upset Youngren so much? It appears it wasn’t the facts as much as the tone. Google translation from Swedish to English is rough, but it doesn’t appear that the facts aren’t in dispute. Youngren spoke at Swedish churches where he was able to sell his products. About 150 people were at the meeting Doyle attended.  Doyle referred to the business aspect of Youngren’s ministry, the product selling and attempts to raise funds and mentioned the public awareness of his 2003 extra-marital affair. Doyle also mentioned Peter Youngren did not speak at a Swedish religious festival last year because another guest speaker would not share the stage with him. (Inserted -BD According to Youngren it was Bill Prankard, and the Day reporter who gave Youngren right of response in 2009 was Kerstin Doyle) His trip to Sweden this year was facilitated by one of his Canadian Celebration Bible College teachers, Linda Bergling, who ran The Ark conference.

Youngren does not handle media, questions or criticism well. Here is his pre-emptive response to Doyle’s article on the blog Aletheia. Again, the translation is rough, but the prickliness, big claims and victim-hood is evident. If any English speaking Swedes wish to correct any of my impression or omission errors, please do. (ETAL is Swedish for World Impact Ministries).

Peter Ljunggren answer:

Today’s latest article, “Peter Ljunggren the collection trip, “shows the newspaper’s continuing disregard for the truth and signed. I give interviews to secular and Christian magazines often. The only magazine I refuse to talk to the day, because it has so far only been about a smear campaign translation. The day has previously been running slander against me. When the material was presented to the chief Daniel Graham five years ago, materials that disproved what the newspaper had written about me and ETAL in some 10 articles, was printed there, although I received a promise from Graham that this would happen. This will mean deliberately keeping away from the truth. I’m still open to written questions on the condition that the answers I give will be in the article.

A few words about the latest article. I think many readers will notice how the breathing scorn … ETAL meeting program included six cities, in three we rented premises and in three we made joint efforts with the congregation where the meeting took place. This ought to know since the day the magazine called to the churches and asked what one pastor called “strange questions to kick-start a drive.” If I am a “businessman” on collecting trip “I am really an uncanny businessman, because you never on such a trip covers all expenses. Our purpose is the salvation and some 80 people were honored with the book we give to those who want to be saved or come back to God.

Naturally, the magazine once again entered my infidelity nine years ago. This seems to be today’s favorite subject in me. I remind readers that I have a couple of years ago wrote to more than 11 000 Christians in Sweden and told her about my infidelity and asked for forgiveness. It is perhaps unique in the Swedish Christian history that a preacher has done so. For Day takes this topic never ends.

One thing has the right of the journalist, there were 150 people at the meeting of the Assembly Ark. Though she forgot to count all the other seats partiena, the 150 meeting of the visitors was most likely the same party as the journalist. All the churches we visited was completely sold out, except the Ark and the University where we could have received a score of. On a couple of seats was not enough for the church, I had to open the cafeteria, which also was completed.

Just call and ask the places we visited. But want to disparage and belittle it could very well there, everything in the Christian daily newspaper’s name.

My impression based on conversations with so-called atheists and agnostics in Sweden is that Swedes are wide open to the message of Jesus, the cross and resurrection. What if “Christian journalists’ could be just as interested in the gospel as” infidels “.

-Peter Ljunggren

Yougren’s show was taken off Channel 7 in Scandinavia earlier this year when news of his current divorce reached the region, along with news of the police investigation in Finland and the civil suit launched by the board of EKM,  a ministry group who had formerly worked with Youngren.
I received word a couple of weeks ago that the Finnish police investigation is still open and on-going.
Even with the choppy Google translation and judging by the number of comments at Dagen and Aletheia, it is apparent Swedish Pentecostals and Word of Faith adherents remain profoundly polarized about Youngren.

Back in Canada, Grace TV has been running oversea Youngren crusades on the flagship show Encounter.

In March 2009 Youngren talked about Grace TV to Maranatha News. The article is an interesting read,  Youngren laid out where he planned to go and how he wanted to get there (this was months before the divorce announcement). He talks about grand world wide distribution plans,  sparkling innovative programming, multiple locations, wide partnerships with Canadian Christians, “broad representation of various groups in Canada” and a vigorous donor base.

The economics of religious broadcasting, an aging and tapped out donor base, repetitive programming, a saturated market have not been kind to Grace TV. The channel made a deal with Shaw, and payments were deferred as fund raisers haven’t met goals. A 50% Canadian household reach does not translate into cheerful givers in a tough economic climate.Programming is tired, web pages are out of date. I don’t think Grace TV will fold, I think it will get it’s licence renewal in 2011 and will limp along. We’ll see. The Swedish dust up isn’t a surprise and the relationship between Youngren and Swedish religious media will continue to limp along.

This entry was posted in General, Grace TV, Peter Youngren, World Impact Ministries. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Peter Youngren fights with Swedish Christian media

1. Therese says:

It’s just amazing to me how some of these decidedly “unchristian” people can stay in business at all – just goes to show how Christianity today operates in darkness, not light. Just like Communism – intimidated into “see nothing, hear nothing, speak nothing”. Only with Christianity the threat is, what?…that we’ll be thought judgmental or gossipy?? Whatever happened to zeal for Your house consumes me??

2. Jackie V says:

If anyone knows of an honest hearted tv evangelist who is more obsessed winning souls than getting rich, has not been divorced or remarried nor has children out of wedlock, does not live in a mansion, own a luxury car, private jet or waste money on cosmetic surgery and hair weaves, please let me know.

Just about every tv evangelist I’ve come across is guilty of at least one of those things and does not meet the biblical criteria for a pastor yet label themselves as such.

3. Sherm says:

We all have a past. God has forgiven us and we move on. Mr. Youngren can’t. His defensiveness, anger and attacks make the present lack credibility. It is like he is on a train riding in the back watching where he has been instead of riding at the front looking ahead. Course that could be a good thing, God help us if he tried to bilk Canadians. Too many people believe people like him. Selling seats to his services??? Buying his books? Good for the journalists who expose people like him for what they are. What could be godly about belittling people?

What a life lesson for us all. More and more tv evangelists can be likened to some of the most despised professions. With the likes of Hinn, Youngren, et al they are quickly heading to the top of the list.

4. John Nilsson says:

Google Translate just doesn’t give the quotes justice, even if they in most parts are accurate.

The problem with Google Translate is that it can’t handle Swedish grammar. If I get some spare time this week end I will help you with an exact translation of all the quotes above.

By the way – I think one of the reasons people are attacking Youngren now is because he is one of few whom has dared to openly defy the slow merging of faiths between catholic faith and the non denominational churches in Sweden. My uncle, Pastor Ulf Ekman, is the main leading caracter who is leading the non denominational churches towards Rome. Pastor Ulf Ekman has ties everywhere (and I mean everywhere), and even if Youngren has done some really dishonest things in the past, I really don’t believe it’s a coincidence that a magazine that on most parts is supporting Ulf Ekmans moves, attacks Youngren just moments after his open defiance.

Please pray for us in Sweden. The false unity between Mary worshipers and christians is dividing families and churches as we speak.

5. John Nilsson says:

As promised, here is the first translation of the Swedish text (I’m Swedish so my english spelling isn’t perfect, but some things that got 180 degree turned meanings in the google translation is corrected here):

“Daniel Grahn promised me an article, and that’s why I produced the video that disproved Dagen’s (The Day) attacks during 2005. Much work and effort was spent for the purpose of analysing Dagen’s criticism, point by point. I’m therefore gullible. I actually believed what Daniel Grahn had said and I still kept the notion that Dagen was a christian magazine, which would be different from an evening tabloid.

Grahn even promised a meeting during the summer of 2005 to talk through our differences. The present actions by Daniel Grahn are pathetic. I understand how “stupid” I’ve been as to believe anything you say. Don’t blame this (conflict) on me and DG remembering these things differently, they are documented. You have hanged me out to dry in front of your readers with all your lies in five and a half years.

You are worse than an evening tabloid, because you hide behing a “christian” fasade with talk about honesty and honour. An evening tabloid is more honest, since their readers know they are actually reading a tabloid.

CHJ (Carl-Henric Jaktlund), you are a skilled journalist and you say you don’t know what to write? Look at the video, write what you see and hear, and then criticize it as much as you want.

You ask why I call your writing a “witch-hunt”. You insinuate before your readers that I have something to hide. You could have written a normal offer, maybe like this; “Peter, I know we’ve had our differances, but now I offer you an interview. I want to listen to and report your critique and at the same time you will deal with our disputing questions”. Your collegue, Doyle, wrote that I don’t give interviews, after I hade informed her that I never refuse an interview, with one exception – Dagen.

And now you want me to trust you, Carl-Henric, and that you are interested in our work and wants to be objective.

Let Daniel Grahn first fulfill his promise regarding an article regarding the video. Do you have the guts, Daniel Grahn?

Or is Daniel Grahn maybe afraid that if he writes anything, people will order the video by themselves from ETAL? Then everyone can judge for themselves who speaks the truth, and that would probably prove dangerous for Dagen. – Peter Ljunggren”

Thanks John: Tidied up the spelling for you.:^)
    Even when belittling others, is Youngren offering to sell the video?

Do you know what video supposedly had an ‘error’ in it?
    Did the magazine have a copy or pictures of the ‘error?’
    That the video was a problem doesn’t appear to be in dispute. The ‘what’ (error verus deliberate doctoring) yes, but not that something occurred.

It seems The Day didn’t meet Mr. Youngren’s demands several years ago, and certainly were not prepared to meet them this time.

This tone and behavior is consistent with reports from people who have dealt with Mr. Youngren, regardless of what his onging issues are with The Day.
    He isn’t doing himself any favours bringing up a lack of resolution with the magazine 5 years ago, the current issue was a critical article of his recent trip.

Nor is his being unwelcome at the conference last year apparently in dispute.
    Or that he had product to sell this trip.

All anyone has to do is go to World Impact Ministries or Grace TV and see for themselves things being sold to pay for the broadcasting expenses.

Do you know what the money being raised in Sweden this trip was to be used for?

7. John Nilsson says:

Thanks, hehe….even my Swedish spelling sometimes needs correction from my wife, the Swedish school teacher :)

I have read everything in this Swedish debate but forgot some sources, therefore I cannot say if any video was faulty. I cant really see why Younggren would try to force an examination of the video if he knew it was faulty. Dagen has access to one of the foremost researchers of image manipulation in the World, a doctor on the subject here in Sweden. That would be a high risk gamble indeed.

The images (still pictures, not video) that were manipulated were no accidents. They, as you pointed out in your article, actually took time to change the clothing of copy-and-paste-audience to make the impression that the attendance of the meetings were higher than in reality. But Younggren insists that this was because they needed illustration, and the huge meetings they had with bigger attendance than the meetings on those which they manipulated the images of, didn’t have photage usable in illustrations. Seems to me as a credible but far fetched explanation and still a very stupid thing to do.

In his defense one can say that fundraisers in Sweden hardly even pay for their own costs. One can also say that Younggren might be more of the “justice must be done” -type than the tactical one, which might explain why he is shooting himself in his foot.
    One can also point out the fact that more well-reputed evangelist has done far worse things without any outcry of Dagen or any other Christian magazine. For example, Billy Graham as a rule instructed a fake audience of 4000 to 6000 people in all his big arena meetings (with attendance of a 100000 each) to at a given moment rise and approach the altar at the altar calls for people who wanted to be saved. This, he knew, gave a domino effect that made most of the 100000 to rise also and accept Christ.

In both cases one can argue that the goal was a good one but made with human and not godly logic. Fooling people to come to meeting because one has portrayed oneself as a person everyone must see (since all his meetings seems to be that big) or making use of a manipulative well known sales technique to create “I-want-to-be-saved” -mass hysteria are not ways taught by the bible.

In both the cases of Younggren and the cases of Billy Graham, the ploys were exposed by mainstream university doctorate studies – with irrefutable evidence. Not a good witness to the World.

Younggrens cases however, seem less cynical and more a case of temporary laps of judgement.

Dagen as a magazine IS however very much in league with the people wanting to create a man made unity between churches, and they are hardly impartial when it comes to such issues. Younggren is one of few Swedish preachers thats has dared to defy my uncle Pastor Ulf Ekman, Pastor Sten-Gunnar Hedin and others less important advocates of the “New Unity” as they call the unity on the road towards Catholic Rome. Probably no coincidence they wrote about Younggren instead of the profound changes made to the Swedish Christianity, of which Dagen is mostly tactically silent about.

8. John Nilsson says:

By the way, the ETAL video is free of charge, at least according to mr. Younggren.

At the end of the day what are we all left with …….

DEBT

Financial – spiritual – rhetorical – DEBT

Mr Youngren has it seems left a trail of ‘debts’ (rhetorical spiritual & etc.,) behind him!

The ‘church’ seems to be getting into the habit of doing that now ‘don’t they’… He does represent the church ie; Jesus, doesn’t he or not !! REMIND ME

Seems to me the ‘church’ is in debt ( in more ways than one ) – so who’s running the church !

MAN AND HIS WAYS

Hi John: My typos are legendary, and I’m not juggling two languages.:^)

Thank you for helping out with this, your input is appreciated.

If the more important issue for Swedes is discussion about New Unity; complaining about an unfavourable column, and about being caught manipulating images over five years ago is at least self-defeating. How is anyone expected to take Mr. Youngren seriously if he is focused on minor criticism for this trip and a magazine not doing what he wanted several years ago?

Focusing anger at The Day staff about himself undermines his pro-active credibility which has eroded because of on-going reactions and behavior.

12. John Nilsson says:

Well, slander works differently in different countries.

In Sweden it’s only accepted to think in one specific way, and in some issues maybe two ways…but no more than that. This combined with the fact that slander is quite unusual in Sweden compared to for exampel the USA, leads to the result that people hearing about these accusations from the leading Christian magazine in Sweden (Dagen) will focus on the slander either mr. Younggren defends himself or not.

Livets Ord, the church that mr. Ulf Ekman is head pastor for, is well known for its way of dismissing critics (with much success until resently, sadly) with this tactic. Doyle who wrote the first article is a Catholic very much in favour of the unity Younggren attacked. If there isn’t any present day problems in a persons life that is attacking Livets Ord or their sphere of interest, they will attack your past without mercy.

One light in the end of the tunnel is the fact that a younger generation (that reads blogs) don’t buy the crap being portrayed in this manner. They want to find out for them selves, at least at a much larger extent than the older generation. Livets Ord is doing everything they can to focus on this younger generation that is much harder to control by mainstreaming the flow of their version of information.

But still. The best thing Younggren could have done would have been to again ask for forgiveness and being meek. That is a challenge Pastor Ulf Ekman could never win, since he (Ekman) never ever admits to any concrete faults.

13. Adam Josh says:

When the Sun goes down it gets dark. But the Sun is always rising in the sky somewhere else.

Your attention to this ongoing saga is much appreciated. I know for fact if this man had his way, he would love everyone to forget about all of this, change business names and keep on going, so you can tell flat out that he clearly doesn’t know how to handle the negative and factually negative attention.

Calling people who are using facts ‘pathetic’ is just a last ditch effort of a drowning man who refuses the true Life-Saver while opting for the cash-cow – who is also drowning.

This article gave me chills.
    Bene, you’ve done it again :)
    Yah – it’s great to be alive!

14. Adam Josh says:

Also, I hope you don’t mind – I used this article to update my article on Peter Youngren from back in 2009.
    Your articles of course are much better, but I think mine has that personal touch :)
    I am seriously happy to not be alone anymore in standing up to corruption.
    Peter may have good intentions, but he is completely in need of true salvation and repentence.

15. Adam Josh says:

One last thing (sorry I got excited earlier and skipped to commenting without reading the ones already here – that plus I was at work):

This John Nilsson fellow is encouraging (although I have my reservations about talking negatively about your own family – if Ulf Ekman really is his literal uncle). You may remember I mentioned Ulf Ekman to you in an e-mail, back when you were trying to sort out the beginnings of PY. I remember you saying ‘tracing Peter’s origins were about as easy as nailing jell-o to a wall.’ For sure it doesn’t help that he continuously is changing business names and re-branding.

So, John’s input is very helpful, and I am glad someone else here confirmed Mr.Ekmans reach and influence. PY and UE shared the church name Word of Life, one in Canada, and one in Sweeden. I’m sure eveyrone involved with PY’s origins would like nothing more than to severe their collective ties with him these days, especially the ones in Sveeden, but – and thanks to people like yourself – PY’s wake of damage is starting to become evident to more than just himself and his immediate circle of friends and family.

Thank Yah for the David’s of the world who can stand up to the so-called giants.

But, and as I’ve said in my article about him, the Llunggren/Youngren family dynasty is one of preachers, so believe me when I say that he will continue on doing what he does, probably up until the day that he literally has no audience – and even then, he may be so self-diluded to just keep on going.

I seriously hopes he does some gritty and real repentence before then, and continues his path but with renewed honesty and genuine faith of Yah. One can hope.

16. LAWS632 says:

Praise Yah! Hallelu-iYah. Ps 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to His name: extol Him that rides upon the heavens by His name iYAH, and rejoice before Him.
    68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in His holy habitation. ” No doubt as to His name. Not found in “modern” versions lol.
    —————–
    Youngren may be doing some good by making a stand against the False Prophet and his batmobile tho.

17. Toms Nillson says:

Some inside information to those interested:
    Dagen-newspaper (Day) is preparing to reveal more information concerning Peter Youngrens conflicts and failures in Finland (EKM) and Sweden. This includes his evil attacks on those who cut relationships with him due to his lack of accountability.
    Similar information has already been published in Canada by Christian Week News paper. Time for hidden matters to come to the surface. May cause a stir, but is is most certainly needed. Keep your eyes open!

Thanks Toms. If you are referring to this, this, this, good to know more is forthcoming, it’s been a long investigation. ChristianWeek did an excellent job on their EKM/Youngren coverage.

There are a couple of pictures of David Sterling on Peter Youngren’s Flickr stream, ministering with Youngren in happier times.

Following up: The Day states that from 2003-2005 they found nine incidents of manipulated images.

One is an error, nine is willful. ETAL did not identify the images as manipulated, nor did they dispute the claim as stated in the post. Apparently The Day ran seven articles about this, including interviews with Youngren and his Swedish image director (ETAL) in 2005. The question becomes were images used in other countries including Canada faked? Current images?

Daniel Grahn did respond to Youngren in 2005.

Furthermore The Day suggested in their offer that Youngren record his interview to put on his website.
    He owns a TV station, he can make a choice to run the interview on his show – he’s not a victim – he has a bully pulpit.
    Youngren wants to focus on the 2005 incident, The Day wants to get up to speed with what has occurred in his life and ministry since. There is an agreement for an interview between Youngren and reporter Carl-Henric Jaktlund on the condition that Peter Youngren can bring up topics or information he feels The Day is ignoring.

The difficulty with ‘world evangelists’ is whatever they stir up in a country doesn’t filter to other countries. It’s better with the internet, I hope The Day does write about what occurred in Finland.

20. Jaakko S. Soini says:

Youngren (Grace TV) is once again pleading for your money. Sending out e-mail pleas. Now he wants “your Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh offering”. Asking for $788,000 by the 15th December.
    Seems to have lost over the last year or so his wife, family, St. Cathrine’s church, many friends and some international ministry workers. (all public information)
    Perhaps Grave-TV would be a better name than Grace-TV???

Part of a licence is a good business plan. Youngren said a few fundraisers ago that Grace TV wasn’t meeting operating costs and he deferred payments.

I am not sure why in planning the Grace TV start up, there was such an over estimation of potential viewers/donors.
    Youngren has suffered key losses – if he doesn’t have the ministry relationships (or can’t keep them) he has to draw on young people and immigrant communities who don’t know about his past. Religious programming is not attracting younger viewers, they don’t watch tv in traditional ways or have disposable income to give to tired, old programming.

I don’t think Grace TV is going anywhere, and as for all the bridges Youngren has burnt or the significant relational losses he has inflicted on himself, looking to ‘new’ or perceived greener fields doesn’t seem to be panning out.

22. Jaakko S. Soini says:

Youngren is promising on Grace-TV “You will receive specific prophetic direction for 2011 in my dynamic New Year’e Eve teaching. God has given me this dynamic word for YOU! This is YOUR time! A great destiny is your inheritance in Christ”

Interesting that he doesn’t seem to receive “prophetic direction” to put his own house in order – his marriage, family, his relationship to his former church (St. Cathrine’s) and former ministry workers that have been slandered, abused and
    mistreated. Only “prophetic direction” for others to give to his ministry.

No “Merry Christmas” when you are seperated from close family members – but no doubt this narsistic personality is not concerened as the show must go on.

No information yet on whether or not the $788,000 desperate need was met by 15.12?

23. Jesus rebukes Peter Youngren says:

Peter Youngren is a WOLF in sheep’s clothing. He is out to devour YOUR time, talent, treasure,
    Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. The “fruit” of his life testifies to his devouring, preying and
    manipulating life and perverted gospel he teaches.
    Why does Peter Youngren call Jesus, “Lord, Lord,”and not do what His Word says? His self-ordained
    ministry is open defiance against God’s Word minister qualifications that he doesn’t meet.
    However, his wolf heart denies and rejects God’s Word and Peter Youngren preaches a perverted
    gospel and a perversion of God’s grace that says God no longer judges anyone post-Cross because
    Jesus took all of God’s Judgment on Himself. If Youngren’s false grace docrtine is true, then God needs to repent
    for judging Ananias and Sapphira and King Herod POST-CROSS as revealed in the Book of Acts. Not only
    does Peter Youngren’s false grace doctrine mock the fear of the Lord, his lifestyle mocks God’s pastoral
    qualifications in His Word. And, Peter Youngren has been preaching and using the name of Allah overseas as being the same God as the God of the Bible which is absolutely not true because the Muslim’s false god of “Allah” DENIES Jesus as the Son of the the Living and True God.
    Muslims only believe Jesus was a great Prophet and not God Incarnate. With that, Peter Youngren’s mixing
    Jesus with Allah shows you how deceived and dilusional
    he really is. That man needs to repent because God’s grace resists the pride and rebellion that his heart is
    displaying in his rebellious and deceitful ways.

We haven’t been told how much of the over 700 hundred thousand Grace TV needs was raised. Grace TV will always need, I expect every month or so we’ll see a new pitch.

The 10 points of what Grace TV has done in it’s inaugural year was more a very long commercial – more about what Grace TV wants you to keep paying for.
    1. 46 city tour
    2. New prime time lineup – Swaggart, Copeland etc.
    3. Encounter with Peter Youngren
    4. Grace expanded on Shaw 60% of Cdn homes
    5. Mission campaign of World Impact Ministries
    6. Missionaires
    7. Bible College
    8. Heart of a Child – orphanages
    9. Isreal
    10. Forest

It never ceases to amaze me that televangelists want donors to believe that if they don’t give to them, the ‘gospel’ won’t happen.

25. See Charity info of Peter Youngren says:

$837,000 was paid to Peter Youngren and his workers in 2009.

All you have to do is go online and see his financials here: Peter Youngren has over 1 million in the bank and almost 6 million in assets and yet he continues to lie by saying there is a financial need. There is always a need for a wolf in sheep’s clothing who prey and devour the children of God for their own finanical gain and life of ease…

Peter Youngren asking for money on TV and saying there is a financial need would be like Jesus telling his Disciples and hearers that He needed money during his earthly walk if he had 1 million pieces of silver stored up somewhere…saying such a thing is a LIE….

Like teh Gov’t, lavish spending must be stopped. Biblical prosperity is not going out and spending like a drunkard Sailor and accumulating a massive amount of debt and buying big homes and new cars all by incurring
    debt, and then go on TV and beg God’s children for the money to pay off the person’s GREED, and/or asking God
    to bail him out of all his greedy ways. Geez, some people and ministers twist and pervert God’s Word and only use God as their Butler, but God will not honor foolishness or a person’s GREED.

There is no fear of God in Peter Youngren’s heart because there are no fruits worthy of it… Jesus tells us to judge so-called ministers by their fruits…when you judge Peter Youngren’s fruits in his
    ministry in Niagara, all you will see is a trail of spiritual manipulation and destruction of people’s spiritual lives who have been spiritually abused by Peter Youngren…

Peter Youngren already has another women even before he is officially divorced from his second wife…what he did with Roxanne in his first marriage, he is doing to Roxanne in his second marriage, that is, having another women even before the marriage is officially divorced. This is why God’s Word clearly states if any man doesn’t have his household in order, he is not Biblically qualified to be a pastor in His Church…

Charity link here to see all the financials of Peter Youngren’s ministry…

(I tiny URL’d the link – BD) http://tinyurl.com/25ldbmt.
    People can go to the Charity Directorate
    http:// cra-arc.gc.ca/charities/ and put World Impact Ministries in the Charity Listings if the link times out.

As part of the licence conditions with the CRTC, the purchase price for the station must be agreed on, the money ready to change hands and an operating budget in place (with funds) for a certain period of time. (I don’t know if it’s a year or two years).In other words if you don’t have the capital on hand and a business plan, you don’t get to buy a station or get your broadcasting licence.

I see Mr. Youngren’s alleged girlfriend was on a recent program.
    Since Mr. Youngren is in Ontario he is legally separated within a year of either party filing. That may be justification for putting her on-air, I dunno, but people who are aware of the relationship that see that, probably have mixed reactions.

27. Luke 6:45 says:

a person’s “…mouth speaks from that which fills his heart” (Luke 6:45).

If you watch Peter Youngren on his TV shows, 80-90% of what he speaks about is
    another new fund-raising promotion and/or scheme, solicitation of your money, getting you to purchase another product or event he is doing and requesting the time, talent and/or treasures in some way or another of his hearer’s…

This shows you what is in his heart…

if Jesus were physically alive today and was on Grace TV, He wouldn’t be soliciting or begging believers for money, selling products, or use various fund-raising schemes…any time you hear Peter Youngren or ANY person on TV, ask yourself, “Would Jesus be saying such a thing or soliciting me for my money, or selling me a product…” and if the answer is “No!” – from such – turn away.

Neither would Jesus go into extreme debt and spend millions of dollars He didn’t have and call that foolish act “a step of faith” and then ask God’s children to give Him money to bail out His foolishness…

Neither would Jesus solicit ANYONE for money…not one verse in the Bible shows where Jesus begged for money, sold products or solicited money from His followers for the continued work of His ministry. The reason is Jesus KNEW the Holy Spirit was a big enough God to speak into the hearts of His followers to provide what the Father had Him to do.

Romans 16:17-18 says “…avoid…those who…do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.”

2 Timothy 3:1-9 says “But know this, that in the last days…men will be lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers…unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth…men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.”

All you have to do is look at the spiritual destruction Peter Youngren did to 100′s of people’s lives in Niagara and all the despair he left there and what he currently says on Grace TV, and you will see where his heart is…

Jesus would NEVER say or solicite for money and use various fund-raising schemes like Peter Youngren says and uses on TV, lest He rebuke Himself!

28. Therese says:

Amen, so right Luke 6:45, what we are seeing here is not the gospel but complete and utter WORLDLINESS along with it’s business and sales methods, not to mention greed and pleasure-seeking. It’s the complete opposite of Jesus.

29. John 2:16 says:

Jesus rebuked the religious leaders who were using His gospel for financial gain during His earth walk in John 2:16: “Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” – this is what JESUS said.

Jesus NEVER merchandised His gospel – EVER.

Jesus NEVER solicited money from anyone – EVER.

Jesus NEVER begged or used any fund-raising schemes – EVER.

Jesus NEVER asked any of His followers for money in order to
    support what the Father had called Him to do – EVER.

Jesus NEVER twisted Scipture to justify His hearers giving Him
    money to support what the Father had called Him to do.

Anyone doing what Jesus never did is living a anti-Christ ministerial life!

2 Peter 2:1-3 says, “But there were false prophets…among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction (swift destruction came to Peter Youngren in Niagara when the Holy Spirit exposed his folly and rebellious ways). And many shall follow their pernicious ways… And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.”

Notice this passage of Scripture warns the believers of those who pervert the gospel in order to make merchandise of YOU. Beware, Jesus rebuked those who did such a thing, and the Lord NEVER did such a thing. Those on TV (or anyone), like Peter Youngren who are using the Church to make merchandise of YOU are rebuked by the Lord today because what Jesus rebuked yesterday, He rebukes today because He and His Word changes not.

Read Titus Chapter 1. It addresses those rebellious and greed-filled false ministers who use Christ’s gospel to make merchandise of the body of Christ. Verse 11 then concludes by saying, “…whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain (PROFIT).

We all have heard the expression, “What would Jesus do?” Well, “What would Jesus say on TV?” is also the question we must ask anytime we hear anyone trying to get our money in their pockets.

Jesus NEVER said it takes money to spread the gospel around the world – did He?
    Jesus NEVER asked His followers they must give Him money in order for Him to do what the Father called Him to do – did He?

Beware of those who say and do what Jesus never said or did in terms of soliciting you for your MONEY.

30. Jesus NEVER said... says:

Jesus NEVER told His hearers, “The more money you give Me, the more
    souls I can save and only then can I do what the Father called Me to do
    in My ministry.”

Jesus NEVER begged any of His hearers for money – EVER.

Jesus NEVER went out and purchased a million dollars worth of
    horses and luxurious chariots and told His hearers it was for the
    work of His ministry in order to spread His gospel around the world.
    Then, asked His hearers for their money in order to pay off what He
    had gone in debt in order to purchase.

Spreading the gospel is “…not by might, not by power and NOT by money” says the Lord. If MONEY was required to spread the gospel, then Jesus would have acted or spoken accordingly in Scripture, but He didn’t.

Having ANY program or TV station in the name of Christ does not mean the Lord has blessed or called that Station for His Name’s sake. When the majority of the programs on ANY Station are simply fund-raising schemes, a solicitation for MONEY, and asking believers for their money in one way or another, don’t assume God wants that TV Station to remain in operation when the majority of the programs being aired are anti-Scriptural, anti-Christ and against what Jesus said and done.

Jesus rebukes ANY TV or Radio program that makes the Father’s house a house of merchandise….

Don’t be deceived… Jesus NEVER made the claim that unless His followers gave
    their money to Him, that He could NOT do what the Father called Him to do or spread
    His gospel. This logic is total deception and anti-Christ and anti-Scriptural.

Beware of the wolfs in sheeps clothing on TV and Radio…

Jesus trusted His Father’s Spirit to speak into the hearts of man to provide
    what the Father called Him to do without having to resort to some fund-raising
    scheme or solicitation of money from His hearers.

Can you imagine Jesus telling any of His hearers, “If you sow a special seed of
    money to My minsitry, I will give you a special anointing, or the great anointing
    on Me and My minsitry will come upon you. Or, what I have you will then get.
    Or, how God has blessed Me and the blessing and favor on My life and My ministry will then come upon you.”

Jesus NEVER said such folly and rebuked all those who did say such a thing in Scripture. Why do you then believe these deceptive lies from all the wolves in sheeps clothing on TV?

Do not be deceived. Only accept what Jesus said and did and what His Word says. Only then, will you remain in the truth. Those who preach such lies have no fear of God in their hearts…

31. Jackie V says:

I agree with all of the previous comments by Luke, John, Therese and Jesus Never Said.

I said basically the same thing to a person on Peter Popoff’s mailing list just a few days ago, though if you want to add in your two cents worth, go ahead. The more Scripture verses to back up what I said, the better.

Key in Peter Popoff in the search box of Bene’s website and read about Landen…..

I’m not against giving to tv ministries but I personally would not donate one penny if I knew the minister in question was living like royalty. Why? Because Jesus didn’t do that and He’s my example, NOT the tv evangelist.

I also wouldn’t donate if I knew the pastor was on his second wife (because the Bible says that ”a pastor is to be the husband of one wife”) or guilty of any type of moral or financial scandal in his past.

Incidentally…..how can a woman be the husband of one wife? Answer? She CAN’T but they do it anyway (Paula White, Joyce Meyer, Gloria Copeland, etc).

32. Jesus says:

Jesus said and lived by what He declared: “FREELY as you receive, FREELY give” referring to His gospel, His revelation and anything the Holy Spirit freely gives us in God’s Kingdom of grace (Matt. 10:8).

1 Cor. Chapter 9 explains how the Apostle Paul lived by what Jesus taught above.
    Paul said, “…in my preaching the good news (the Gospel), I may offer it [absolutely] free of expense [to anybody], not taking advantage of my rights and privileges [as a preacher] of the Gospel” (Amplified). This verse in King James says, “…when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I ABUSE NOT my power in the gospel.”

Charging any believer for ANY revelation of sermon and/or song that the Holy Spirit has FREELY given us is against Scripture and against what Jesus taught. The Holy Spirit owns every revelation of word and song that we have FREELY received from Him (1 Cor. 2:12, Rom. 8:32), not us. If you want to copyright what the Lord alone owns, you are stealing His lordship of that sermon or song, taking His glory away and ABUSING the gospel by charging money for anyone to hear what the Holy Spirit had freely given you.

Jesus NEVER said, “Freely as you receive, charge others $5 or $10 to hear it” – did He?

You say it costs money to produce what the Lord has freely given you? No, you can post it online for FREE for ANYONE to freely download it. There is NO excuse for anyone’s GREED. It would be like Jesus telling His Disciples to go out and charge people money for the revelation He had FREELY given them to spread. We understand how wrong this would have been. Not one verse in Scripture justifies any minister or believer to charge anyone money for what the Lord has freely given us in revelation, sermon or song. Greed may try to justify it, but God’s Word cannot.

Those like Peter Youngren who do charge money for what the Holy Spirit has freely given or solicit money by using various fund-raising shemes and dogmas are not only abusing the gospel, but, their actions are anti-Scriptural and anti-Christ. It is something that Jesus never done – ever. And, if anyone does it, they are living a life that is contrary to God’s Word which is open rebellion against God before all.

33. Personaly present! says:

I was personaly present at a small gathering where Youngren explained (boasted, braged) how he has closely studied the secular methods and techniques of fund raising. He explained that he has over the years systematicly and precisely studied from secular books etc. how to raise money. Also studied other “fund-raisers”.
    How to motivate people to give, what to emphasize, how to make the giver feel important in giving, etc. etc.

Fund raising is a whole “science” of it own with its schemes, programes and strategies. In fact it is a very intriguing “hobby” and profession.
    Youngren could be classed at least as a “semi-professional” in this area.

To many christians are “blue-eyed” and innocent regarding this area of Christianity in the western world. Especially when the “man of God” gives lavish promises to those who sow, invest and give to HIS ministry. BEWARE!

34. selling trees - wow says:

The latest fund-raising scheme Peter Youngren is using is asking believers to buy trees for Israel. No verse in the Bible commands any minister to go out into the world and solicit money from believers so that he can spread more trees in Israel. Jesus didn’t die for a tree, and He didn’t call any preacher to go out into the world and sell trees which is another attempt to merchandise the gospel and get money from the children of God. This finanical PREYING on the Body of Christ must be stopped! And, Peter Youngren using valuable air time in order to ask people for their money to plant trees in Israel rather than using that time to actually preach the gospel to sinners and saints shows you just how he misappropriates the money that he currently has. Peter Youngren asks people to give money to him so that Grace TV remains on the air in order for him to add additional programs so that he can further solicit and ask people for their money to plant trees and other projects. It’s a continued money wheel! In other words, Peter Youngren wants you to give him money so that he can keep producing new shows that basically keep asking you for additional money to fund additional schemes and/or purchase of more products while the genuine gospel of Jesus Christ is silenced and hidden. Youngren needs more money in order to produce more programs to get more money shows you what is in his heart.

If Jesus where physically alive today, He would overturn the tables of Grace TV and any ministry for making God’s house a house of MERCHANDISE. The Lord rebukes Peter Youngren or any of those who do. Many of God’s faithful ministers have tried to Biblically correct Peter Youngren in the last 10 years and each time Youngren refused the correction of the Lord…

Using the gospel to sell doves, sell trees or sell ANYTHING is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. If you think not, read Mark 11:15-19:

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

15 So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 16 And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. 17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’?[e] But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’”[f]
    18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it and sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people were astonished at His teaching. 19 When evening had come, He went out of the city.

Notice what Jesus said – He didn’t allow anyone to sell anything through the Church. If Jesus were physically alive today, He would be overturning most Churches in North America today who are merchandising His gospel in one way or another for financial gain. If you think not, think again because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. This means how Jesus responded to those who used His Church to merchandise His gospel yesterday, He responds in likekind to those who do the same today.

The Catholic Church selling sacraments and penences is just as abominable as the Protestant Church selling ANY product – all are a stench in Christ’s nostrils. You can quote and twist Scripture all you want in attempt to justify your greed, but Jesus is not mocked. On Judgment Day, the grace of God can no longer protect those who merchandised and sold what the Lord freely has given the Church by His Blood and precious Holy Spirit. Those will by judged by the Lord, “Depart from Me, you workers of iniguity – I never knew you.”

35. What would Jesus say on TV today... says:

If Jesus were physically alive today and had a “TV ministry,” would He be saying what most “TV ministers” say today? Would Jesus solicit us for our money? Would Jesus be producing and selling products? Would Jesus promise, “If you give money to Me and My ministry, the ‘great anointing and power’ on Me and My ministry will then come upon you?” Would Jesus tell you to become His Covenant partner when His Blood already makes you His Covenant partner? Would Jesus tell you to get what His Spirit in you already has? Would Jesus ask you for your money in exchange for receiving the great favor of God and all His blessings upon your life? Would Jesus go millions of dollars into debt and then ask you for your money in order to bail Him out? If Jesus had hired workers, would He pay them a fair wage worthy of their hire, or would He exploit them by making them work long hours and underpay them and/or even ask them to donate their time for “the work of His ministry.”

No wonder North America is getting darker because the pulpits are filled with Satan’s darkness of greed, pride and lust, and so-called ministers are merchandising Christ’s gospel for their financial gain.

2 Timothy 3 warns us about those who pervert and merchandise Christ’s gospel due to their “LOVE of money”. The one thing this passage of Scripture tells us to look for are those who are “BOASTERS.” When any so-called “TV minsiter” is boasting about all the money and material possession he/she has, and then asks you for your money by using the word “sow” to them, not only is their greed wanting more wealth, but they are twisting and perverting Scripture to financially prey on the Body of Christ.

Not one verse shows us where Jesus told anyone to “sow” money to Him in order for the Father to bless them, anoint them or give them any miracle or breakthrough.

Most “TV minsiters” today need to feel convicted and ASHAMED of all their greed and perversion of Scriptures. They need to repent which means STOP all of their perversion of Scripture, STOP saying what Jesus never said during His earthly ministry, stop doing what Jesus never did in His earthly ministry, and stop promising the body of Christ what the Cross of Jesus has already freely provided us!

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

This means anyone can “WRONGLY” give God’s word to the body of Christ.

Lastly, all of these so-called “grace teachers” like Peter Youngren are perverting God’s grace by telling their hearers God will bless them and give them a special miracle, blessing or breakthrough answer to prayer if they “sow” money to them and their ministry. Not only is this false doctrine contrary to Scripture, it mocks the grace of God and mocks what Jesus already did for us on Calvary’s precious Cross.

Ephesians 1:3 (King James Version)
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings…in Christ.

The Anointed Christ in us has already made us anointed in Him (2 Cor. 1:21, 1 John 2:27). This means Christians are not trying to get a great anointing in them because teh Anointed Christ in us already makes us fully anointed.

The Blessed Lord in us has already made us blessed in Him. You cannot do anything
    or sow any amount of money to anyone in order to become more blessed than you already are right now in Christ. If you think you can, then you must also believe the more good works you do, the more righteous you become. Both mindsets void the divine perfect favor and righteousness of Christ in us as our own in Him.

Preach Jesus as the answer to all things because He is. Sowing money to anyone is not the answer. God is not against us blessing others financially. However, His Word is against us saying that our self-act of sowing money to any ministry or person somehow makes us more anointed, more blessed or more loved by God. This mindset mocks Christ’s Cross and God’s grace.

36. Toms Nillson says:

The Swedish daily newspaper Dagen (Day) has today (19.2) published an article revealíng more information concerning Youngrens conflicts and failures in Finland (EKM). It mentions the fact that a charge has been instigated against him (the Finnish police).

Is reports that Youngren has stolen the EKM-Missions postal list (names and addresses) and has been using these addresses for his own purposes which includes evil and slanderous attacks on those (EKM-Missions organistation) who cut relationships with him due to his complete lack of accountability. It mentions that over 60 lies along with other false information have been discovered in Youngrens dealings with EKM. The article states that EKM has grave doubts (suspicions) concerning Youngrens character.

It tells of his unwillingness to talk about his seperation from his second wife and how this created a deep lack of trust between the board of EKM and Youngren himself. Good reporting! Thanks to Dagen!

A simple translation into english can be obtained by using the “Google translator”.
    Here is the link: http://www.dagen.se/dagen/article.aspx?id=243709

This information may be freely used and can be freely distributed.

37. Jesus says says:

When a “ministry” is a business, there is nothing more precious
    to a merchandiser of the gospel, that is, a mailing list. One strategy
    they use is telling their hearers, “Let me SOW this free booklet to you
    and bless you.” However, the real heart’s INTENT is to give out a
    free product in order to gain a MAILING LIST so they can send
    out a weekly/monthly letter to solicit the body of Christ for their
    MONEY….

Jesus calls this merchandising of His gospel “EVIL!”

If Jesus were physically alive today, He wouldn’t be
    sending out weekly/monthly letters to solicit the
    body of Christ for their money; neither would He
    be producing and selling products for a PROFIT.
    If Peter Youngren or ANY so-called “minister – AKA
    merchandiser of the gospel” thinks Jesus would do
    such a thing – they are deceived in their GREED!
    The SIN in the Catholic Church selling sacraments,
    penences and relics is just as bad as the SIN in the
    Protestant Church producing and selling products
    for profit – it is all rubbish in the eyes of the Lord
    and those who use Christ’s gospel for profit
    will be judged by the Lord on Judgment Day. I
    am sure many of them will tell Jesus, “Lord, Lord,
    we did this and that in your Name in our earthly
    minister,” and the Lord will say, “Depart from Me,
    you WORKERS OF INIGUITY, I NEVER KNEW YOU!”
    Obviously these so-called ministers who did things
    in Christ’s Name honestly believed they were right
    with Jesus, but the Lord tells them, I never knew you.
    Luke 13:27

2 Peter 2
    False Teachers and Their Destruction
    1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
    4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them into gloomy dungeons[b] to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.[c] 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature[d] and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. 12 But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.[e] 14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—a beast without speech—who spoke with a man’s voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17 These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”[f] and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

Does this passage of Scripture sound like any so-called “ministers” you know
    who merchandise Christ’s gospel and have fallen fast in their greedful and
    rebellious ways?

38. God's Word says:

There is a reason God through His Word gives His Church a Biblical
    Standard and qualifications ANY minister must meet in order to
    be a God-ordained “pastor” or “minister” in His Kingdom here on earth
    as described in Titus Chapter 1-2, 1 Timothy Chapter 3, and 2 Timothy
    Chapter 3. When any person, such as Peter Youngren, no longer
    meets God’s Standard in His Word on who should and shouldn’t be
    a pastor in the Lord’s Church, and that man rejects the Word of God
    and lives in open rebellion to the voice of the Lord speaking in
    His Word in these passages of Scripture, that man is either deceived,
    dilusional and most certainly rebellious and full of pride whose actions
    tell the world that he somehow is immune from what God’s Word says.

God placed a MORAL STANDARD for His ministers in His Word so
    they can honestly deliver God’s Word without hypocrisy and with
    a pure heart. If any man refuses God’s Biblical qualifications of being
    a minister in His Church, and continues being such, this open defiance
    against God and His word cannot be blessed by the Lord because Jesus
    cannot bless rebellion and disobedience from any man – ever, or the Lord
    would cease to be Just and Perfect…

Peter Youngren needs to repent by obeying God’s Word. If he or any
    man says they love the Lord, why do you not do what His Word says?
    If Peter Youngren or ANY person doesn’t meet God’s Biblical
    Standard of who should and shouldn’t be a pastor or minister in
    His Church, the mere continuation of wanting to be a minister
    to open rebellion against God and His Word before all…

39. Bring out the Truth says:

I too have concerns about the errors contained in Mr. Youngren’s teachings, and, the methods by which he solicits money, not only on “Grace” TV but at his “church” and through duplicitous campaigns. There are many rumours alledging what these funds have been used for (foreign properties, a jet for personal use, Las Vegas gambling trips etc). Also, allegedly that funds collected in foreign countries are not being reported, and therefore, not subject to charitable expenditure rules. So if anyone knows personally of misuse of funds, non-reporting of foreign holdings or has viewed breaking of CRTC rules regarding on air requests for funds, they should contact the appropriate agency.

Canada Revenue Agency:

Canadian Television& Radio Council:

For those who are, or have been, employed by WIM, Grace TV or any other PY enterprise and feel that they have been wronged, here’s some information from a previous post from another blog:

If you are looking for an avenue to ensure that potential labour injustices towards yourself and others are investigated, you should contact the Ontario Ministry of Labour; here is a link to their website:

40. God (Grace Himself) says:

In the Old Covenant, believers found grace in the eyes of the Lord (Gen. 6:8, 19:19, 33:10, 39:4), just to mention a few verses. Then, God qualifies how He delivers His grace to His people in Psalm 84:11: “…the LORD will give grace…no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” This verse also means the opposite, that is, God withholds the goodness of His grace to those who rebellious walk and live in defiance to His Word – even though Jesus took all our punishment of sins. This is also confirmed in the New Covenant (Grace changes not) in James 4:6: “…God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.” This also means God withholds His grace in the New Covenant (Post-Cross) to those who are prideful in their ways. And, there is nothing more proudful than saying some portion of Scripture somehow doesn’t apply to you because of God’s grace. If that were true, then God’s Word wouldn’t have given us the CONDITION to His Grace, that is, He RESISTS the proudful, and only gives GRACE to the HUMBLE – Post-Cross. Two examples Post-Cross is when God’s grace judged Ananias and Sapphira and King Herod in Acts due to their PRIDE. Grace was still in full effect Post-Cross. However, God’s grace is only given to the humble, that is, those who fear (revere) the Lord and His Word. When you read the passage of Scripture in the above postings on who God says who should and shouldn’t be a “pastor” or “minister” in His Church, and a man such as Peter Youngren uses “grace” as His defense in saying these passages of Scriptures somehow don’t apply to him in that he can still remain as a “pastor” in God’s Church, do you think, based on the grace verses given above, that God accepts or resists the pride and rebellion in Peter Youngren’s heart that he is daily displaying against God and His Word?

Notice the Apostle Paul writes in Eph. 6:24 another CONDITION to God’s grace in the New Covenant – POST CROSS: “Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.” This means INSINCERE people cannot have God’s grace upon their life because God resists every proud person POST CROSS, and only gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).

Hebrews 12:15 further warns the Church by saying, “…lest any man fail of the grace of God.” When God resists the proud (post cross), it is man that has fallen away from God and His Word which forces God to resist man’s disobedient heart. Man can fail the grace of God post cross but the Lord won’t fail us; He simply honors our heart’s rebellion against us by resisting and withholding His grace upon our lives. With that, we cannot measure God’s grace in our lives solely based on the amount of money the ministry has raised, or how big ANY ministry has become, or how big the so-called minister’s house or bank account is, and after looking at all the wealth, we automatically ASSUME God’s grace must be upon our lives. Jesus addresses this DECEPTIVE type of thinking in the Church in Rev. 3:17 by saying, “because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked…and concludes with redemption in His rebuke (as He always does) by saying, “…As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.”

Peter Youngren, be zealous and repent and bear the fruits worthy of that repentance by stepping down and removing yourself from ministry and your self-ordained pastorship because you are living in open defiance to God’s Word (Titus Chapter 1-2, 1 Timothy Chapter 3, and 2 Timothy Chapter 3) that disqualifies you to be in any position of leadership of moral authority in His Church when there is no moral standard in your own personal life per these passages of Scripture…And STOP preaching a perverted grace and be in the dilusion of thinking that God’s grace is upon your defiant and rebellious life because God’s grace resists the proud POST CROSS
    despite what you say. It is what God’s Word alone says that is the truth.

1 Peter 5:5: “…God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble.” This means God cannot give His grace to any proud or rebellious person. Don’t assume just because you are rich and have need of nothing that God’s grace is upon your life…Jesus called the Church poor, wretched, miserable and blind who had such a prideful heart…

The size of one’s ministry doesn’t mean God’s hand of blessing is upon that ministry and He condones all that so-called minister is preaching and doing…if that were true, does this mean the billion + Muslims and billion + Catholics are preaching a truthful message according to God and His Word, or any big organization for that matter. It is not what we accumulate that gives the proof that God and His grace is upon our lives. If that were true, then Jesus has to repent for rebuking the Church in Rev. 3 who were rich in goods and had need of nothing…

Jude 1:4 says, “For there are certain men crept in (the Church)…ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.”

We understand Jesus is the Word of God Incarnate. He and His Word are one. Therefore, when Peter Youngren’s life DENIES the minister qualifications in Titus Chapter 1-2, 1 Timothy Chapter 3, and 2 Timothy Chapter 3, he is outright DENYING Jesus Himself Who is the Word of God. Notice too how Jude 1:4 says these rebellious type of ministers who DENY the Word of God (Jesus) focus their preaching on a false and perverted grace by turning it into lawlessness and immorality that removes the fear of the Lord in their teaching.

We are all under grace in the New Covenant, but the Scriptures given above give us the condition to God’s grace POST-CROSS. If you have been wrongfully taught that God cannot rebuke or judge you Post-Cross, then you are asking God to repent for judging Ananias and Sapphira and King Herod in Acts POST CROSS.

Hmmmmm,

Let God’s Word be true, and every man a liar.

1 Cor. 1:4: “…the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ.”
    And, in James 4:6, “…God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble (post-cross).”

Jesus cannot give grace to the proudful and rebellious post-cross or He would be blessing darkness itself which would make Him no longer 100% Just, 100% Holy and 100% Perfect…

1 Peter 4:10 calls it “…the manifold grace of God.” There are many sides to God’s grace. One side is God resists the proud, not blesses them.

1 Peter 5:10 says Jesus is the “…God of all grace.” And yet, the God of all grace judged Ananias and Sapphira and King Herod for their pride and rebellion against
    Him – POST CROSS – Peter Youngren – did you hear God’s Word – POST CROSS> Stop preaching the LIE of the devil by telling God’s children God no longer judges us post cross – God’s Word says otherwise.

Hebrews 12:5-8:

My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
    Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
    6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
    And scourges every son whom He receives.”[a]

7 If[b] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

Somehow Peter Youngren believes the Lord doesn’t judge, rebuke or chasten any of His saved people POST CROSS. The Lord’s Word says otherwise.

Let God’s word be true, and Peter Youngren a LIAR.

Repent and bear the fruits worthy of your repentance…

God is waiting…

41. Good, sound exhortation - thanks! says:

Jesus rebuked some of the churches in the book of Revelation. It was most certainly POST-CROSS. To say that God NO longer rebukes is to make Him a liar. Real, true, godly GRACE also disciplines – because it is for the persons benefit not destruction.
    Thank you GOD (Grace himself) – give us some more sound teaching examples!

42. Jesus rebukes after the cross! says:

Refreshing to read sound, healthy teaching – Yes Jesus still rebukes today! A quick read through the first chapters of the Book of Revelation shows that the Living Lord Jesus rebukes 5 of the seven churches mentioned. That is true love and pastoral care from Jesus the shephard of our souls! True Grace brings correction.
    Grace is not so much a doctrine or theological concept as it is a PERSON.
    PY talks and teaches about Grace, but the numerous negative examples from his own life, relationships and conflicts prove he does not in fact “live” in that Grace. So sad.
    A narsisstic personality will “misuse” Grace to justify his own actions.
    Grace as a “subject” can even be used as a method to attract doners, partners, more financial income so that the “show” can go on. Shameful.

43. AtheistAtBirth says:

God ..

Please excuse me, I realize you are pretty busy doing your godly stuff and all, but I have a serious question.

I read the bible (many times) and I see that God can do anything. Anything. Nothing is too difficult for him.

Can he make a 4 sided triangle?

Doubtfully yours