Suzanne Hinn vs Benny Hinn – divorced? Updated. Yes. The Hinns are divorced

Thanks to an alert reader.

This screenshot is from the Orange County Superior Court of California public access section.
There was no movement in the courts on the Benny and Suzanne Hinn for months, and then the flurry.

I’m not a lawyer, or a US citizen so I’m hesitant to interpret California court speak, and I haven’t seen anything from either Mrs. or Mr. Hinn stating they are now legally divorced. If anyone with knowledge of California law wants to wade in and explain, please do. It appears the end of this soap opera is near.

This is what my more knowledgeable US(?) friend has to say:

If you click “check marital status” it says “… There is no future hearing date scheduled. Although you are divorced you may have additional issues to be addressed by the court. If so, you need to request a hearing by filing an At Issue Memorandum form.”

So my conclusion is that they are definitely now divorced, and it was almost certainly finalized on Dec 29 2010. I don’t know if this was by design, but obviously the holiday period between Christmas and New Year is a good time to hide a bad news story.

Update: Further to what we are chattering about in the comment section:

Tony:

I think we can take the website’s statement that “you are divorced” (it’s intended for the parties to the case) as certain – it didn’t say this when I previously checked and I doubt the courts would get such an important matter wrong.

Update: Thanks Tony and Mark. Yes, the Hinns divorce is legal, the finances are being tidied up.

85 Responses to Suzanne Hinn vs Benny Hinn – divorced? Updated. Yes. The Hinns are divorced

1. AtheistAtBirth says:

Top Ten Signs You’re a Crazy Christian

10 – You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 – You feel insulted and “dehumanized” when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 – You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 – Your face turns purple when you hear of the “atrocities” attributed to Allah, but you don’t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in “Exodus” and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in “Joshua” including women, children, and trees!

6 – You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 – You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 – You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs — though excluding those in all rival sects – will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most “tolerant” and “loving.”

3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in “tongues” may be all the evidence you need to “prove” Christianity.

2 – You define 0.01% as a “high success rate” when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 – You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history – but still call yourself a Christian.

2. brano says:

So, do you want to be an atheist? Do you really want to be able to call yourself an atheist instead of a theist? If so, then this is the place to come: here you can learn the simple and easy procedure for becoming an atheist. If you read this advice, you’ll learn what it takes to be an atheist and thus perhaps if you also have what it takes to be an atheist. Few people seem to understand what being an atheist is all about and thus what becoming an atheist entails. It isn’t that hard, though.

Here are the steps necessary to become an atheist:

Step One: don’t believe in any gods.

That’s it, there are no steps two, three, or four. All you have to do is not believe in the existence of any gods. None of the following are steps in becoming an atheist:

I use to take care of an atheist. At times the words that came out of his mouth reminded me, of something like froth coming from the mouth. Over time he accually started to treat me like I was human. At some point, I believe he saw I was not a threat to him. I’ll leave it at that.

4. AtheistAtBirth says:

Susan …

The church is in turmoil because Christianity doesn’t function properly. Christianity doesn’t work because it was a religious system premeditated by man, with the objective of enslavement and jurisdiction. Christianity doesn’t work because the broader you quarry into the fundamentals, the more corruption and weaknesses in the standard arguments supporting the faith can be put to rest. It doesn’t work because there isn’t a divinity that reins within the church – henceforth you see Benny Hinn behaving just like any other offender with no regard to the consequences.

Christianity doesn’t work because Christians can’t provide anything to an skeptical planet that would sustain their conception of a biblical Jesus, let alone establish the existence of their god. It doesn’t work because Christians are predominantly indistinguishable from non-believers.

You may luster over the particulars, discharge the palpable and try your best to close your eyes and imagine that none of these annoying details exist, but we are in the information age, and millions of Christians are availing themselves of tools which until a short time ago, were not accessible to the common inquisition. And millions are uncovering the abstemious truth of Christianity, and of the bible. Those with intelligence, an open mind and a need to understand the truth are unshackling themselves from fear, intimidation, control and fantasy as never before.

I adore the approach you use to counter reason, facts, and direct confrontation of your statements, and how you constantly evade discussion and entering into debate against logic and historical and scientific evidence – it is a perfect example of a closed and superstitious mind enslaved by tradition, and under the control of church leadership, friends and religious associates who have done a marvelous job of blinding you to the palpable. As I have said to others – your approach to criticism will hasten the demise of the faith tremendously.

Close my eyes? Not quite. Whether I see, observe, perceive or consider, I’m always looking. You know, those things that come out of your head.

6. brano says:

Christian apologetics is a field of Christian theology that aims to present a rational basis for the Christian faith, defend the faith against objections, and expose the perceived flaws of other world views.[1] Christian apologetics have taken many forms over the centuries, starting with Paul the Apostle, including writers such as Origen and Augustine of Hippo, and continuing currently with the modern Christian community through the efforts of many authors in various Christian traditions such as G.K.Chesterton and C.S. Lewis. Apologists have based their defense of Christianity on historical evidence, philosophical arguments, scientific investigation, and other disciplines.

7. Marina says:

Brano. How many steps did it take you to stop believing in Santa Claus? Or perhaps you are not an Asantaclausist yet? Do you still put cookies and milk out for him in hopes that he will read his big book and see that you have been a nice rather than naughty boy all year and reward you with presents? See, realizing that god is imaginary is incredibly liberating. You can think freely, question and challenge anything without being chained by religion.

And believe me, brano, you are chained.

You might be sad for a little while when you realize the bible god is as imaginary as santa, as we all were as children. But eventually you will be happy and learn to find happiness and life on your own. Being an atheist or agnostic is like santa for grownups.

“But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs.” – Chapman Cohen

8. brano says:

Tres Eloquent….zzzzzzzz
    The wisdom of man is foolishness to GOD!

9. brano says:

10 Questions Atheists Can’t Answer Well
    There are the basic world view questions:
    1. Origins: Where did life and humanity originate?
    2. The Problem: Why is there suffering, sickness, and death?
    3. The Solution: What is the cure for man’s suffering, esp. his existential lonliness?

Questions of Meaning and Value:
    4. How does an atheist assign meaning to human activity? Is all meaning subjective, or do some activities have self-evident and objective worth and meaning. If so, what are these activities, and how to you arrive at their value?
    5. Are humans of more intrinsic value than animals? Why or why not?
    6. How does an atheist determine what is moral or immoral, right or wrong. Is there any objective standard or principles?

Questions of Worldview:
    7. What type of government does atheistic philosophy translate into? How does it understand the relationship between man and government? What type of government structures flow from an atheistic world view? Does it merely rely on someone else’s system of thought, like the assumptions of naturalistic science?
    8. How does atheism view religions and religious faith? What about metaphysics? Is atheism purely materialistic and naturalistic?
    9. Who are the authoritative writers/books of atheism? What are the central tenets of atheism, and if they have a “greatest commandment,” what is it? For example, arguably, Christianity’s is “Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.”

Questions of Revelation:
    10. What happens after we die?

10. Tim says:

Hey brano, why don’t you come up with your own questions instead of parroting everyone else? If you’re smart enough to use google, then you should be able to find the answers to your questions, just as I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq91XDzCbRI

Stop being such a dumbass!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ROTFLMAOSFHIHTTAS

11. Marina says:

Brano everything we know about god has been given to us today by man. Man wrote the bible, man created a religion around it and man naturally characterized their god as being wiser than mankind to keep thinking progressive humans from challenging the religion.

The bible is true because it says it’s true. See: circular reasoning.

12. brano says:

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?

A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy him for ever. [b]

[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
    [b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4

13. Tim says:

Brano, Marina’s point exactly… it is so because the bible says it’s so… Go figure. I’ve witnessed many a dog chase their tail, never catch it, take a break and do it all over again. Now isn’t that pointless and stupid? Entertaining, yes, but smart, No.

When life’s breath leaves our bodies, what happens then? Where does that leave our souls or spirits? Our hearts, the center of our lives on this earth. The will to live with passions and inspiration. So, what does our lives consist of? Certainly, the mortal life at the end, is it really the end? Where does that leave forever? Forever, the door that one can only open with faith. Faith that’s always there. Like a strong mother. Like water that sustains life. God’s word always leaves us with His image and who we are in Him.

15. Tim says:

Susan, forever is the only door one can open through fairy tales and imagination. I live for the here and now and should I die today or in another 30 decades, the only thing I will ever regret is wasting so much of my life chasing an imaginary god. If he’s real, he can meet me in the end and if he’s anything of a compassionate god, he can’t fault me for pursuing truth with all my heart and strength. If he does, he’s a bigger hypocrite than I will ever be. If he is really there, whose fault is it that he never revealed himself, his or mine? If I take the blame for getting fed up of playing hide-and-seek and I’m always the one who was “it”, then that’s one really sick god. Frankly I’d prefer to go to hell, if there is such a place.

If someone has never passed through the door into eternity, then how can one be so sure it’s not ones faith that sustains the walk into eternity? If the Lord God, maker of all that is and in His hands all that exists, the self existent one, holds eternity in His hands, why would one believe he wants to play games? You don’t have to answer those questions to me. Those questions are out there and so are many answers.

17. AtheistAtBirth says:

Susan there is something that has troubled thousands of skeptics. You don’t have to answer this, but the man answers are out there.

How can hell be described as a place of absolute darkness and yet there are flames? Why Are people punished infinitely in Hell for limited crimes? How can even the most monstrous deeds warrant perpetuity as punishment? Would it therefore be truthful to advocate all wise punishment is directed towards the principle of reforming an individual? But hell fails miserably in this regard, because it is eternal, there is no possibility for improvement or reform. It is castigation for its own sake, which is nothing more than brutality.

Doesn’t the god of mercy and love suppose that the very virtue of mercy would compel one to annihilate those who are otherwise doomed to suffer eternally? After all, we put tormented animals out of their misery on a regular basis. Isn’t God merciful? He cannot be if he is sadistically condemning people to hell with no hope of transformation.

So why should we praise and worship a merciless, brutal, deity?

It has always distressed me that if heaven is better than earth, why bother with earth in the first place?

The answer is out there Susan.

At the end of the day, if I died and found out that the conservative Christians were right about God, I would not be sorry for how I have lived my life. I believe I made good ethical decisions, and the moral man never changes his convictions in the face of bullying from a tyrant.

You, on the other hand, bow to a god who is a bully and a brutal tyrant.

There was a place outside of Jerusalem where trash, garbage, dead animals and such were disposed of. The fires and smoke were said to be constant. Worms inhabited this place of the disposal. It’s history, from what I’ve read, was not very pleasant. Ge Hinnom is an image, that in the NT, is compared to the eternal Hell. When you read from the NT it describes it as a place of wailing and lamentation. Fires are present according to the descriptions. The darkness you mention, could be because the Lord is not present. There are many indications in scripture about that. It’s a metaphor for being seperated from God.

If my God were a brutal tyrant or bully, I doubt He would waste His time with me. I would already be in Hell’s furry.

19. Stephen says:

Being that i am a true christian (not a benny type) i never cease to be amazed at how athiests are more obsessed with God than i am. Countless times in my life i have interacted with athiests who clearly are mad at God and scream He is not real. Your understanding of christianity is clearly based off of the foolishness of american protestantism. Anyhow, i dont blame the anger alot of non-christians and agnostics (no such thing as an athiest) have. Christianity is true regardless of how some people called christians act.
    One important fact to always remember, if God is real He does not have to act based off of your or my versions of right or wrong. If God is real and wipes out an entire continent then it is the Creators perogative as the Creator. The creator can do no wrong whether you think its wrong or not. Athiests such as Stalin are pawns and tools of the Creator. Suck it up and except it, god is still love even though he allows such things to happen. We didnt come from goo :)

20. AtheistAtBirth says:

@Stephen. The subject of this thread is the divorce of Benny Hinn, who is a liar, manipulator and fraud who preys on weak minds. Since you claim to be a true Christian it is somewhat odd you aren’t obsessed with God. When you learn to spell atheist, perhaps we can have a legitimate discussion.

Cheers
    AAB

21. Jyothiss says:

Hi everyone. I’m a 21 year old guy from India who has watched a lot of shows of Pastor Benny Hinn and how when he said “Fire” many people went down on the floor. I always doubted them as fake acts. I still don’t know whether they are true or not, but i can surely say that such anointings are there cos i was once thrown down on the floor by a local pastor in a prayer meeting when he simply came near me and blew in my face.
    To all my atheist friends out there, please don’t ridicule God just because you don’t like the things described in the Bible. Its really difficult to understand what God’s plans are for us. All the people who died in the old testament were also offered a chance to eternal life after Jesus came.

22. Pamela Elder says:

Hell was meant for Satan and his angels , who have reaked havoc and misery on the Earth…not for humans! Jesus talked about that hundreds of times….that is why he is a the one who came to save us FROM that! I KNOW that God is real , because he healed ME, more than once! Miraculously , with no scientific explanation otherwise. He does answer my prayers and communicate with me…A person with an experience , is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.Look at Russia and China if you want to see the end result of atheism, because they have tried to erase every mention of God out of their societies, and yet the underground church has thrived … but what of the others, who are not Christians? They run over a little girl in the street without even a spark of remorse or concern! They are brutes who have no compassion for peoples feelings or welfare. People using the NAME only, of Christianity, have done awful things , but so have atheists…But look at the good that Christianity has done! No one ever talks about that! The Salvation Army, The Red Cross, Harvard , Yale, Oxford University , all started as Christian outreaches…There are THOUSANDS of ministries to the poor, to feed them , to dig wells for them and more…Feed the Hungry , Operation Blessing! Do you know any Atheist organizations digging wells in poor countries…tell me their names, because I know of NONE!
    God is the greatest scientist of all, because he put together your body , which heals itself, sees and hears in the most extrodinary manner! Take your body to the most minute observation and you will see a Designer’s hand, not evolution, that skips over natural decay and comes up with millions of years CRAP!!!How long does it take a corpse in the grave to turn to dust, why isn’t he improved over millions of years , if that theory made any sense? How about hundreds of years , ok, thousands of years, without embalming, or freezing, just an ordinary body in the ground?
    Proverbs says ” a fool says in his heart there is no God”…

23. Chris says:

Its is quite tragic what happened to the marriage of Benny Hinn… and half of the population of this world. As much as it seems that he has failed in this area of his life, does not mean that everything else of what he does is fake and without credibility. Why should he be judged so unfairly? OK, I agree that he has failed as a husband. Who hasn’t failed in something? Anyone perfect? Anyone?

Benny Hinn is a willing channel of God’s power. He is still being used because God can trust Him with His anointing. Just because he is divorced and have failed in his marriage doesn’t mean he is not going to be used by God. I am married and not divorced, does it mean I can be as powerful as Benny Hinn? Am I more real than Benny Hinn as a Christian, just because I stayed married? Does it mean that just because I have not failed in this area of my life, means the 90% of the other areas of my life is justified eventhough I live in sin?

As for the discussions on atheism… My experience is that, it is quite pointless to explain to an atheist regards to our faith in Jesus. They seem to be in a permanent mode of 1) Arrogant & demeaning in tone 2)Think that Christians are delusional 3) Never willing to listen to your point of view but hear to argue 4) Whatever reply from Christians regards to the topic is neither respected nor valued. 5) Their main vocabulary is “logic”, “control”, “scientific” and basically this few words which they overuse to exhaustion (just talk to any atheist). Having said that, I do not blame them. They think with their head whilst Christians think with their heart and head. If we are to just think with either heart or head, we won’t need both.

My advise is never to engage an atheist, just pray for them… unless they come to you with an open heart and mind to desire to know more about God, then, speak with love and conviction of your faith.

By the way, this post is about Benny Hinn and atheist comes by to gate-crash with their sarcastic remarks and totally have no respect for the topic at hand.

Lastly, whether you are an atheist or Christians, there are good and bad ones. Let’s not say that all Christians are great (because its not true) and all atheist are arrogant (because its not true). Everyone should not be pooled and shaped in a square box. Everyone is accountable to God and He sees the heart. However we want to project ourselves as a wonderful person or evil… only God sees the heart.

24. Diligence says:

The love of God shines through it all. One stark truth is that someday everyone will have to answer before God regardless of our beliefs. I’ve been a conservative christian for years, but I know that due to translation issues we may not be able to completely grasp the meanings of some very important Bilblical issues. As for Benny Hinn, I pray for him.

25. The Lord Ben Chung says:

To answer Brano, what is the chief end of man. Well, men came from nothing, and I cannot see why to be back to nothing could be so threatening? Is that OK, the chief end of men is to be nothing. That happens to be a Buddhist answer called nirvana. It is in that the end of all things, we derive peace and completion. Thanks, and hope you enjoy a Buddhist answer for once. Amen.

26. The Lord Ben Chung says:

and as to the answer of suffering. I wrote an extensive section why people suffer and how the religious Christians failed to answer that question from the Bible. Please google Bart Erhman on Theodicy, and see whether that is your answer. Basically, suffering is absurd if there is a god you claimed as love. I see that very statement true since I cannot see a god who could very well make good people, preferred to make poor.bad ones, and instead of alleviating suffering, initiates and sustains sufferings in the untold numbers of dead people in tsunami or atomic explosions. That has nothing to do with human wickedness or sin and Christians died as well as Buddhists. I prefer the answer Bart Erhman gives. There are no decent answers in the bible about why we suffer, and free will and sin cannot explain why, and certainly the Job’s story is absurd why a god would place a bet on human condition, slaughter a lot of them and at the end silenced the question why we suffer. If your bible reading is different than mine, please check again.

In short, suffering is what is natural as part of life, and if there is a God, he made it so, and certainly your answer in a biblical god does not justify or alleviate suffering, which means that your religious system fails the test here. It has no answers.

27. kofi says:

what do i loose being a Christian that I can’t live without that I can get being an atheist?
    people, God is real and we will all answer to Him one day.
    don’t wait and die and realise it is too late.
    If you don’t see the proofs you want to see, it simply means He already has enough for you to acknowledge Him for. Jesus loves you and died for friend … I love you

28. Nikky says:

All I can really say is that I am a Christian. I have experienced the presence of God first hand and that took away all my doubt concerning His existence.
    I understand people`s anger and doubt. For real it is difficult in this world sometimes.
    I do encourage people to take a step down from their anger and frustrations and ask God to ptove Himself to you. Put out a challenge and watch out. You`ll see that He is real.
    Thanks

29. Jean Dieuseul Abellard says:

Since years ago then I did loose contact to BennyHinn Ministeries as well as that I wou
    ld mind to have my contact back.Thank you very much,God Bless America.

30. Jean Dieuseul Abellard says:

Just want to come back as an ancient Bible student of BennyHinn Mynisteries.Thank
    you.

31. Jean Dieuseul Abellard says:

The point is, that I’M so ecxiting for the reunite of this couple .First of all,the Sky is ha
    ppied,then people who trust in GOD Creator is also happied.In add,we ask God to keepup the marriage of Hinn family’s for the rest of their life.God Bless.

32. ILoveScientists says:

Athiests at birth can u create an email and send me the address? I will like to discuss logically and scientifically with u. I love ur first comments. Those comments can only be made by intelligent people.

Hi ILove Scientists:

If Athiest at Birth wants to get in touch, he can let me know, and I’ll forward.

34. Gift of God says:

I am proud to say that i serve a name that is above every other name, at that name, every shall bow and every tongues shall confess which is Jesus Christ. I am a christian and i don’t about what you atheist believe in but if you say i am a crazy christian, God Almighty will always use the foolishness of this world to conform the atheists wisdom.

35. Gift of God says:

Through the help of the Holy Spirit in you, you will understand the hidden mysteries in the word of God Almighty.