Benny Hinn: I plan to remarry. Please send money

By Rick Hiebert. All Rights Reserved. Used By Permission

There’s an update from Benny Hinn this morning about his reconciliation with his ex-wife Suzanne.

As Bene D explained in his recent post, we’ve been hearing only from Benny so far about all this. That seems to be continuing in the new release.

Benny confesses, in one paragraph, about letting his ministry work dominate to the point where he neglected his marriage. Three paragraphs are devoted to Suzanne’s addiction to prescription medications and how it led to the divorce.

He had better be confident of her forgiveness if he dwells so much on her part in all this.

And, in something that will not surprise, he adds this:

But we must have your help. The ministry has suffered financially greatly because of the struggles in our marriage. We are beginning to see an upsurge now, but we truly need a miracle to be able to do what God has called us to do.

I can say now that the ministry was on the way to total collapse, but now we are seeing a beautiful turnaround—in fact, members of my team have rejoined the ministry, including my beloved friend Jim Cernero, who is back with me leading the praise and worship in my meetings. I want you to be part of the breakthrough we are experiencing together, and that’s why Suzanne and I need you, now more than ever, to stand with us prayerfully and financially.

I wonder if Benny and Suzanne had to come to some kind of arrangement. Where years of controversy couldn’t take out Hinn, his divorce was threatening to.

Update:  (BD here) The Hinns announce they will remarry on October 26th in Florida.

Update: (BD here) The wedding is off.

Update: The Hinns re-married in Florida.

26 Responses to Benny Hinn: I plan to remarry. Please send money

1. The Lord Ben Chung says:

Thus saith the Lord, open thy treasure chest to my servant Benny, and I will pour out my spirit upon Thee! Turn thee not away from Benny but given him every penny in thy pocket, for behold, I am unable to supply the needs of Benny, but Thou shalt be his god his supply. Amen.

2. Elaine says:

Years ago, in the 1990′s I attended a Benny Hinn meeting in Switzerland. People came from all over central Europe to listen to this magical preacher……the experience was shocking; he made fun of heavset people, humiliating them, poking their stomachs up on the stage, tried to drive demons out of them…..at one point everything was silent for a long time….soft music playing….we were “waiting for the Holy Spirit” to come, and then, suddenly, he screamed into the microphone with such force, not only did it hurt everyone’s ears, but the elderly lady beside me collapsed and paramedics were called, took her to the hospital….she had a “heart attack”……needless to say, Hinn has been a big hoax and a joke to me ever since that day…..

Good post Rick, are you getting a running gag going with that title?:^)

Suzanne is still fresh off treatment – a couple of months in 2010 to now?
    Five years of sobriety are wise before making huge life choices, there is a ‘high’ to sobriety that has to be adjusted to.

Leaping back into ‘ministry’ with her husband (ie: opening a marriage restoration facility) is also ill-advised. NA recommends that people be five years sober before becoming a sponsor (sponsors don’t make money, so there are no secondary gain issues like the Hinns have).

I hope she has top notch professional help away from her family, friends and her husbands company and employees or she is ripe for relapse. That’s nothing against her personally, it’s about the insidious disease of addiction – a reality recovering addicts face daily.

4. lordess benetha chung says:

Thus saith the Lord, “Beneth Chungeth has spokenth my wordeths. Giveth alleth thy money to Bennyeth Hinneth noweth so he caneth support his lavisheth lifestyleeth and continue the coneth.”

My cheque is in the mail. Not.

6. The Lord Ben Chung says:

Thus saith the Lord, my servant Benny shalt be well. His bride also, but try to lead a life of poverty and give all thy belonging to the poor. Then shall I open the gates of bounty and rain upon thy household with blessings such that thou shalt not be able to hold. Listen to the word of the Lord, and live a life in utter abject poverty. So the Lord has spoken, Amen.

7. MargieInOz says:

C’mon Benny, sell off a couple of jets, donate a few (million) dollars to the persecuted church and get a real job. Some real blood, sweat and tears might clear your mind of its absurdities!

8. Marina says:

But Bene! Don’t you realize that the power of god is greater than the power of drug addiction? Our ways (Narcotics Anonymous) are not His ways (TOUCH!!) How can God get any of the glory if Sue is not healed of what ails her, right there in the spotlight of a Benny Hinn crusade, for all to see and praise God for? No, Bene D, the servant of God will be supernaturally delivered from the grip of her demons by Almighty Jehovah alone (possibly in a stadium large enough to hold a World Cup game) if she is to be a testimony to the glorious work of her husband Benny…oh, and God.

BD…It just came to mind, “I could rework this headline and it could be quite apt.”

Recycling is good, greens say :)

10. inthedesert says:

I watched Benny’s video of the reconciliation. He is either a true Christian who is deceived in certain areas, or he’s a great liar and con man. I pray that he wakes up about his lavish lifestyle and begins a walk in humility and modesty, and truth. I give it to God because I just got to. These flashy preachers all bug me with their pleas for money. Us hard working folks should give only as the Spirit leads. I don’t think these flashy preachers are entitled to anything but their portion in the Spirit. I don’t believe God ever intended them to be so megawealthy. I quit them a long time ago. Yes, I broke off my abominable relationship with them years back, and now climb the holy mountain of God.

Hinn’s Canadian revenues have dropped considerably over the past couple of years, but they are still hefty.

He still blames his wife, her problems, her addiction for his working too hard and pursuing wealth.

I hope more people wake up and give their charitable dollars locally.

12. The Lord Ben Chung says:

Thus saith the Lord, my servant Benny has my spirit upon him, my delight is in him, with him, I am very well pleased. But for others who speak in my name without my permission, my curse is on them, for behold a day cometh, even now, that those who hear my words shall quake in their spirit and their boots, and now listen to the words of thy Lord, the Lord Ben Chung, for he speaketh the truth concerning Benny. Even now I comfort my servant Benny and shall put my anointing upon him, as I speaketh, yea, I feel my spirit drain from my bowl and applied immediately to Benny and his head is full of my spirit and my own power, now, listen, you fools and skeptics, and give abundantly to my slave Benny, and I will supply all your needs, so give that largest bill in thy wallet, drop that guard and thy household payment, given them to Benny my servant and see whether I will open the flood gate of heaven and shower upon thee all the blessings and the sweet pye of heaven. Ye sinners, repent and believe and trust that Benny, and watch him prosper in my own very name, Amen.

13. inthedesert says:

14. brano says:

DITTO…

15. Paniym says:

Does this bother anybody else or is it just me? Am I to cynical to think that maybe the reason for the reconciliation is that it finally dawned on Benny that he couldn’t keep raking in the big bucks while ditching Suzanne and taking up with Paula White? Maybe he finally realized that (like it or not) he had to reconcile with Suzanne to survive financially. So he bit the bullet and reconciled.
    Hate to think (although there is no evidence that I’ve seen) that maybe Suzanne realized that the alimony would be reduced greatly if Benny’s Ministry suffered financially. (Again, I’ve seen no evidence of this.)
    I don’t know but if there was real repentance for Benny wouldn’t it include complete financial transparency. That way he couldn’t hide his extravagant lifestyle IE multi million dollar jets, multi million dollar home, five thousand dollar a night hotel room bills while on the road and whirlwind Rome trips to meet up with possible lovers. I believe if he was truly “Transparent” this might convince some of us out here that Benny is serious.

16. Rob says:

I like when The Lord Ben Chung speaks from the perspective of his own background and perspective.

17. MargieinOz says:

Nice photo of Benny and Paula, well I think it’s Paula, must be, isn’tSuzie’s still recovering from an enema

18. Reading the headline again reminded me that they don’t teach this sort of thing in Bible College, though I’ll bet the course would be popular.

19. Grant says:

Beneth Chungeth just relaxeth dudeth

We will start saving for the wedding gift now. Not.

21. Marina says:

I don’t know what Benny is so worried about. He just said on a TBN show that when Billy Graham dies, there is going to be the greatest revival on earth. Cha-ching! Marketing genius indeed.

22. The Lord Ben Chung says:

Thus saith the Lord, “Benny my son, whom I love and with him I am well pleased. I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall preach to the nations. People will hear of him and be glad. As for those who oppose my son Benny, beware of the wrath of the Lord, which shall be poured liberally upon all who oppose Benny. Benny is my son, and I shall declare the decree of the Lord, my very only begotten son, whom I have beget from the ages past, and who shall bring the light to the nations. Be ware sinners, and all, bow down before Benny and kiss him, lest I come and smite the nations, and fill the streets with blood.”

As I stood in the vision valley, I see Benny rises to the heavens and all the heavenly hosts worship him. As the sacred word of god says, let all the angels of god worship him!

23. AtheistAtBirth says:

inthedesert says:
    June 14, 2012 at 6:01 am

“Moderator: This Ben Chung stuff is confusing. Sometimes his posts seem spot on, at other times they are rambling and confusing. Something is amiss with this person.”

It’s the heat getting to you … ditch religion and it will become crystal clear.

24. brano says:

AtheistAtBirth says:
    July 30, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    inthedesert says:
    June 14, 2012 at 6:01 am

A tad bit late in responding!?…LMAO

25. The Lord Ben Chung says:

Ass?

26. maria says:

as far as i can tell, the world would be far better off if every single big buck tele evangelical would dissappear altogether. paula white sounds pathetic naming the devil this the devil that for her loss, and here she is with a comeback getting him back. its all ‘the power of personality’ . i saw an interview with susanah and benny, and susana looked comatose and benny banged on and on. he seemed like a posessive man to a passive plop , very victorian. please, everyone who ever flashed a dollar bill in the middle of the bible, disappear forever.
    seriously, hollywood must have more favour with God than this brigade charade.