Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

By Rick Hiebert All Rights Reserved. Used By Permission.

I should have first realized that something may have been about to break in regards to Todd Bentley when I saw this in my inbox this morning.

He’s selling everything on his own Sound of Fire website–not fresh Fire–for 50 per cent off for the month of February.

It’s priced to move! As confirmed by this notice on Facebook.

Sound of Fire USA

And so is Todd? Seems he needs access to potential money that only he himself would have access to. And he needs it NOW.

At the very least, he needs a quick influx of cash to keep the wolf from the door of his ministry, as Todd Bentley is taking another “sabbatical.”

I wonder if he is almost about to sound like the home furnishings stores in Seattle Washington which were always “going out of business”, which were parodied to good effect on the old local Almost Live! TV comedy show.

Also, both Todd and Jessa are withdrawing from ministry for a while, following the cancellation of his trip to Germany and Austria in November.

In a January 17 e-mail and posting on the Fresh Fire USA site, Todd states:

I did end up in the hospital where there were several tests done to find the causes of the shortness of breath, racing heart, pain in my chest, and other physical symptoms. I am still working with doctors toward a full recovery. In addition, I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks which add to the physical challenge. The bigger question is getting to the root of what is causing these issues. With much prayer and thought, this has led me and our team to believe that for a season, it would be best to take a continued break to recover fully physically, and spiritually, using time to pray, and get closer to the Lord. I’ve come to realize that there are some areas in my character that still need work. During the time of these physical challenges there were things revealed in my life that were sinful, the result of still having cracks in my foundation. These unresolved personal issues are being addressed, is being corrected, and now in the process of being healed before I return to ministry. I will be working to pursue deeper inner healing to be sure that there is nothing further in me that could be a snare and hinder me from living strong and victoriously. As many of you know, I’ve had two burnouts and health challenges in the past. This time, I want to be sure that I make the priority my health, my family, and walking fully in the light before the Lord in everything. This process will be done with doctors, intense counseling, and working with a trainer in the gym on my cardio and nutrition.

The big observation would be that “Wasn’t this all fixed by the work Todd did with Rick Joyner?” During the Joyner restoration, he (Joyner) alluded to not wanting to do this restoration again if he could avoid it.

There’s something in the statement from Jessa as well, who alludes to her and Todd wanting to have their own children.

Jessa states:

A Word from Jessa:
I (Jessa) am so thankful for everything the Lord has done last year. Being apart of all the amazing fruit of salvations, healings, and miracles has caused me to be so blessed and honored by the Lord. I have realized in this time that I too need a break to search my heart and deal with some emotional conflicts about ministry, having a family of my own, and pressures of full time ministry. I also feel the need to fully recover from disappointment from the difficult season that began 5 years ago. Please understand that I am not in any way suggesting that Todd and I are having any marital problems. Todd and I are very happy, in love, and looking forward to preparing for a family. I will be supporting Todd in this season, as he is supporting me, to be refreshed in the Lord and come out of this season stronger and continue on in the ministry.

Two observations:

We don’t want to read anything into Jessa emphasizing that all is well in their marriage, but the Shakespeare quote “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” comes to mind. Sorry.

Secondly, the issue Of Jessa’s “disappointment” is interesting. We recall that Jessa and Todd wound up being on the way to a relationship during the Lakeland Revival in 2008. She mentions “five years” of disappointment, which would imply that she was uneasy with Todd not moving towards “one two, many Lakelands”.

As has been mentioned, I have been following Todd Bentley for the past 13 years now, so it makes sense to me that Todd now has sort of returned to the level of prominence that he had when he was operating Fresh Fire Ministries out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. He would do overseas crusades and travel around the US and Canada, much as he does now. Except that now he doesn’t minister around Vancouver BC and its suburbs anymore(where his starter children live). Also, he can now bill himself as “the Lakeland guy” with reflected fame from that.

So Jessa might be having to come to terms with being involved with a mid-level ministry. Todd has done this before and is used to it. Jessa is not. She might be having to realize that Lakeland was a “perfect storm” that made Todd merely a “nine-day wonder”, to use an old newspaper term. What if the “good parts” of Lakeland winds up to be the highlight of Todd’s ministry life? The prospect of tagging along as Todd goes from little church to little church might seem daunting.

A follow-up e-mail and announcement on January 23 notes that although Todd and Jessa are “on sabbatical”, Fresh Fire USA is still hard at work, with their main priority for now being building a “prayer support network.”

They write:

….Though Todd and Jessa are on a sabbatical, Fresh Fire Ministries continues in its operations. The Fresh Fire team and staff are still receiving prayer requests, answering phone calls and emails, and are available for any questions you may have about your continued financial support or how you may help Todd and Jessa during this season…..

Todd Bentley won’t be on the road gathering donations, thus the “fire sale” announced this morning.

But everything at the Fresh Fire USA ministry is in a holding pattern, circling the airport and waiting to land.

For now.

67 Responses to Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

1. Cobbled Stones says:

Fascinating discussion.

The feigned outrage and vomiting copious quantities of irrelevant scripture, demands for personal identification, ad hominem attacks, and much frothing and fussing immediately provide a smoke screen for the painfully obvious fact there is absolutely no proof of any miracle any evangelist has done.

2. mike Arreguin says:

Todd, I believe I’ve gone through something simular to what you have. Please consider taking an allergy medication ! I’ve been put on Claritin, I bought the Wal-Mart knock off and has been working, no more violent regurgitation or what looks like deliverance ! No more triple sneezing . I don’t think it would hurt to take.

3. THeim says:

I have heard and seen many testimonies and watched Bentley in action. I’m a medical professional with 25 years of critical care experience. There is nothing verifiable in any testimony I’ve heard. Furthermore, most of the medical claims and explanation make no sense whatsoever. Claims of healing for subjective things like pain, etc. are impossible to verify. If he has “anointing” for healing, why does he have so many medical problems? Healer, heal thyself! The majority of what comes out of his mouth has no basis in scripture. Fraudulent, self-proclaimed healers are harmful to the kingdom of God. If one healing turns out to be false, the “healer” is false. Jesus never had any trouble healing those who came to Him. And they were healed totally and completely…without fanfare, falling on the floor, etc.

4. Smarten Up says:

I say this with all humility, I am not perfect in my walk with God. That being said, I am walking with Him. How could anyone who knows God (He wants above all a relationship based on the truth of His word) look at this complete fraud Todd Bentley and his certifiably crazy wife and think this in any way represents the ministry of Jesus Christ. People wake up, this is a crucial part of what Paul speaks of as a coming great deception. A minister of Christ is not the ringleader of a spiritual circus. This is the new age, occult kundalini spirit in action, google it and see for yourself. Do you not remember the deceived ministers who lined up in Lakeland Florida and prophesied how is ministry was just beginning, how it would soon go around the world. ONE WEEK Later God ended it. Run from this and repent, return to your first love in Him, the times are dark and getting darker.

5. shaun says:

God bless you Todd for all you have done in the kingdom of God we do not only want to be servants in the kingdom we pray to become true sons of God Romans 8 the hole of creation is moaning and groaning waiting for the manifestations of the sons God Bless you I enjoyed Tongaat Shaun

Whenever a follower of Jesus Christ faces a situation that can be perplexing, then is one ruled over by the Holy spirit or their sinful nature? Sometimes a situation arises when one would have to choose, and asked themselves, what would Jesus do? If you walk with Jesus, that choice would be a narrow path.

Jesus claimed he came to set the captives free, to bring good news, to comfort the brokenhearted, etc. It was to free ourselves from our sinful nature. To change our hearts and minds, to seek His peace and understanding of His word, not the law. Todd does not set anyone free. That is the Holy Spirits work. There is where one can find a manifestation, or a public demonstration.

7. Smarten Up says:

If Todd Bentley is leaving the ministry that means one thing. That my prayers and others like me are working. I have seen enough of this kundalini circus and am tired of seeing the dignity of my savior being associated with this nonsense. You have Kenneth Copeland and Joel Osteen meeting with the Pope, saying that this unity is of God. How can one be in agreement with a religious leader who says that atheists will be saved by their good works or that a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous. Google it and see. This is the great falling away. Hold fast to the true faith, those who do are about to be the minority. People will no longer insure sound doctrine, sound familiar? The bible tells us of this time coming.

Mr Bentley needs delivery from temptation ……………

Walking in fame ……… talking in dollars………… and indulgence

Simple really – but so far no one has had enough authority and power to help him and his not the only one’ condition of human inability to function of all pistons ………..

9. John Payzant says:

JUNK FOOD FAST FOOD TEACHING IS WHAT’S GOING ON HERE! FOR $

10. RoseMary says:

PRAISE JESUS. Seems all is not OK! With JESUS the way Todd Bently is Preaching & Prattling & Waffaling UN~TRUTHS. Todd~U have been WARNED by many GODly Folk & U Did Not Listen. Todd U cannot speak out UN~TRUTHS About THE ALMIGHTY MOST HIGH GOD & HIS BELOVED SON JESUS CHRIST & NOT B CORRECTED BY THEM BOTH. My BeLoved REDEEMER JESUS CHRIST has had Enough of U & MANY OTHER FALSE PROPHETS. PREACHERS. TEACHERS. & MANY OTHERS WHO R LEADING HIS LAMBS ASTRAY BY YOUR & OTHERS WHO R SPURING OUT VEMON MORE POISIONIOUS THAN ALL SNAKES COMBINED IN THE WORLD. LORD JESUS Says. * ” Time Has Run Out * “. JESUS` Words. Not Mine. BEWARE FOLKS. And These 4 Words Are For EVERYONE Around The World. Please Pass On. Yours TruthFully; Daughter Of The MOST HIGH GOD And The Apple Of HIS EYE.

11. RoseMary says:

GLORY B TO ALMIGHTY GOD. B Very AWARE. Folks kundalini is A evil demon/spirit. Folks, Ask The ALMIGHTY LORD GOD for DISCERNMENT SHARPER THAN ANY DOUBLE EDGE SWORD. And then Those of U Will B able to DISTINGUISH Between false Preachers. Teachers. & Any Others Who want to rob U All of your hard earned MONEY. GROW UP CHRISTian Folks & STOP! STOP! STOP! Being So Gulliable & Plain Stupid. Stop! Flowing satan And Follow JESUS CHRIST OUR GOOD SHEPERD. words From ABBA FATHER. D.O.T.M.H.GOD & APPLE OF HIS EYE.

12. John Payzant says:

got to 120 min of Todd

Todd’s life sounded very chaotic behind the scenes at Lakeland. Yet, only a select few knew. Still those select few made the choice to let him go on night after night. Todd challenged the main stream media to come and see Jesus appear there. They bolstered of the many resurrections coming over the phone. The prophetic seers where spilling out their messages for all to hear. God knows all our hearts, so was this not contrary to His on goodness, that this was allowed? I have remembered, God’s rule is where grace, mercy and power are experienced. Not the way it was at Lakeland. Forgiveness is to pardon and excuse. Yet, true forgiveness is from Jesus. I’m very grateful that the lies at Lakeland were exposed for the truth, so people want get hurt or mislead.

14. John Payzant says:

went up to 153 min from 80 is 1 hr & 13 min

worth watching

I for one could not bare the deception that was smiling into the sceen:

If we are to grub about in Bentleys half truths for the next millenium then my time is better spent taking the reason why – he is allowed to assume that forgiveness comes so cheap…………

Without THE SOUND OF LOVE covering his words – what you witnessed would be a whole different ‘thing’. I repeat ‘THE SOUND OF LOVE’ …………. deception’s tactics have assumed a whole different level –

You wanted truth right.

Power is a blessing or curse –

There is only one with the discernment to use it. – Never ever underestimate who came to ‘love you’ ALL !!

ACTIONS ARE MY WORDS ………………. said the PROPHET