Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

By Rick Hiebert All Rights Reserved. Used By Permission.

I should have first realized that something may have been about to break in regards to Todd Bentley when I saw this in my inbox this morning.

He’s selling everything on his own Sound of Fire website–not fresh Fire–for 50 per cent off for the month of February.

It’s priced to move! As confirmed by this notice on Facebook.

Sound of Fire USA

And so is Todd? Seems he needs access to potential money that only he himself would have access to. And he needs it NOW.

At the very least, he needs a quick influx of cash to keep the wolf from the door of his ministry, as Todd Bentley is taking another “sabbatical.”

I wonder if he is almost about to sound like the home furnishings stores in Seattle Washington which were always “going out of business”, which were parodied to good effect on the old local Almost Live! TV comedy show.

Also, both Todd and Jessa are withdrawing from ministry for a while, following the cancellation of his trip to Germany and Austria in November.

In a January 17 e-mail and posting on the Fresh Fire USA site, Todd states:

I did end up in the hospital where there were several tests done to find the causes of the shortness of breath, racing heart, pain in my chest, and other physical symptoms. I am still working with doctors toward a full recovery. In addition, I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks which add to the physical challenge. The bigger question is getting to the root of what is causing these issues. With much prayer and thought, this has led me and our team to believe that for a season, it would be best to take a continued break to recover fully physically, and spiritually, using time to pray, and get closer to the Lord. I’ve come to realize that there are some areas in my character that still need work. During the time of these physical challenges there were things revealed in my life that were sinful, the result of still having cracks in my foundation. These unresolved personal issues are being addressed, is being corrected, and now in the process of being healed before I return to ministry. I will be working to pursue deeper inner healing to be sure that there is nothing further in me that could be a snare and hinder me from living strong and victoriously. As many of you know, I’ve had two burnouts and health challenges in the past. This time, I want to be sure that I make the priority my health, my family, and walking fully in the light before the Lord in everything. This process will be done with doctors, intense counseling, and working with a trainer in the gym on my cardio and nutrition.

The big observation would be that “Wasn’t this all fixed by the work Todd did with Rick Joyner?” During the Joyner restoration, he (Joyner) alluded to not wanting to do this restoration again if he could avoid it.

There’s something in the statement from Jessa as well, who alludes to her and Todd wanting to have their own children.

Jessa states:

A Word from Jessa:
I (Jessa) am so thankful for everything the Lord has done last year. Being apart of all the amazing fruit of salvations, healings, and miracles has caused me to be so blessed and honored by the Lord. I have realized in this time that I too need a break to search my heart and deal with some emotional conflicts about ministry, having a family of my own, and pressures of full time ministry. I also feel the need to fully recover from disappointment from the difficult season that began 5 years ago. Please understand that I am not in any way suggesting that Todd and I are having any marital problems. Todd and I are very happy, in love, and looking forward to preparing for a family. I will be supporting Todd in this season, as he is supporting me, to be refreshed in the Lord and come out of this season stronger and continue on in the ministry.

Two observations:

We don’t want to read anything into Jessa emphasizing that all is well in their marriage, but the Shakespeare quote “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” comes to mind. Sorry.

Secondly, the issue Of Jessa’s “disappointment” is interesting. We recall that Jessa and Todd wound up being on the way to a relationship during the Lakeland Revival in 2008. She mentions “five years” of disappointment, which would imply that she was uneasy with Todd not moving towards “one two, many Lakelands”.

As has been mentioned, I have been following Todd Bentley for the past 13 years now, so it makes sense to me that Todd now has sort of returned to the level of prominence that he had when he was operating Fresh Fire Ministries out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. He would do overseas crusades and travel around the US and Canada, much as he does now. Except that now he doesn’t minister around Vancouver BC and its suburbs anymore(where his starter children live). Also, he can now bill himself as “the Lakeland guy” with reflected fame from that.

So Jessa might be having to come to terms with being involved with a mid-level ministry. Todd has done this before and is used to it. Jessa is not. She might be having to realize that Lakeland was a “perfect storm” that made Todd merely a “nine-day wonder”, to use an old newspaper term. What if the “good parts” of Lakeland winds up to be the highlight of Todd’s ministry life? The prospect of tagging along as Todd goes from little church to little church might seem daunting.

A follow-up e-mail and announcement on January 23 notes that although Todd and Jessa are “on sabbatical”, Fresh Fire USA is still hard at work, with their main priority for now being building a “prayer support network.”

They write:

….Though Todd and Jessa are on a sabbatical, Fresh Fire Ministries continues in its operations. The Fresh Fire team and staff are still receiving prayer requests, answering phone calls and emails, and are available for any questions you may have about your continued financial support or how you may help Todd and Jessa during this season…..

Todd Bentley won’t be on the road gathering donations, thus the “fire sale” announced this morning.

But everything at the Fresh Fire USA ministry is in a holding pattern, circling the airport and waiting to land.

For now.

67 Responses to Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

Thanks to my “over the transom” source. :)

2. This Todd Bentley is certainly blind to the truth of what he is involved in with Fresh Fire USA. As you know, I have had to cast the demons out of more people than I can count who received evil spirits/demons with the same bad health results that Todd is experiencing. This is happening because one of the major results that these people who go to Fresh Fire, Toronto Fellowship or Toronto Blessing, no matter what they call their meetings they end up with bad health, just as Todd has been suffering from. Their meetings are not according to what Paul tells us about in 1 Cor. 14: 26f. The lack of self-control is the main and easily symptom of the work of demons/evil spirits. All of their so called worship is out of control with the result that they are a modern day example of what Paul describes when he wrote, “holding the form of religion but denying the power of it. Avoid such people” (1 Tim. 3: 5). Those meeting have caused many people to become sick rather than finding healing. Their reports tell us of false prophecies, of gold teeth which when examined by dentists are just discoloured yellow caused by sulphur in the air, gold dust that disappears, and cheap imitation so-called jewels which are poor imitations but are copies of the them similar to what I bought in a children’s store. The jeweller told them that they were “valueless” which they mistook for being “invaluable”. In other words, they were “of no value or use; worthless”. The medical examinations of people who thought they had been healed were disappointing because, like Todd thought, participation in such meetings would result in healing and good health as we see happening in our meetings. He has been deluded in these meetings and misled by false prophecies, false everything. We have had to set more people free from these false blessing possessions. Please pass this on to Todd. We can help him restore his health through the Scriptural directions for health and healings. In all of his so-called meetings, he has grieved (Eph. 4: 30), quenched (1 Thess. 5: 19), outraged the Holy Spirit the Spirit of Grace (Heb. 10: 29)and blasphemed (Mk. 3: 28 – 30). He has lived and publicly displayed the “works of the flesh” (Gal. 5: 19 – 21). He turned worship into a self-centered X-rated entertainment (1 Cor. 14: 26f.). He has danced with the devil/Satan as if he, the devil, was God. The result is that he has been living under the wrath of God (Rom. 1:18, 2: 8) mistaking it for the blessing of God. He has gone beyond what is written (1 Cor. 4: 6) and has gone beyond what is written and has become “puffed up in favour of one against another. He has become what Jesus said to the Sadducees, “You are wrong because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God” (Matt. 22: 29).

3. Me says:

Gordon Williams… You sound like someone jealous of Todd’s fame…. “As you know” you have had to cast out demons… Sorry I didn’t. We don’t need another person claiming to know the real way to heal people. Leave Todd’s pedestal empty, don’t try to fill it yourself. If people are truly healed by your ministry and teachings, doctors will figure it out and science will prove it. Right now you sound to me exactly like Todd : big claims and nothing but words to back it up.

4. Paul D. says:

Gordon, it sounds like the competition in the con artist business is tough indeed. You may still get your chance, however.

5. FCJ says:

When the going gets rough and the finances are in jeopardy you simply have to blow all the trash an trinkets out the door at fire sale prices.

Is it a going out of business sale or just a going out for business sale?

6. Anon says:

Two things strike me from this story:

Firstly, supposedly miraculous healings are a huge part of Todd’s “ministry”. He’s also now working with Rick Joyner, who makes similar claims. So why is Todd sick and needing doctors? Surely he could just heal himself, or go to a meeting with Rick Joyner? Sorry, something does not compute.

Secondly, Todd refers to his previous burnouts and health challenges, which also resulted in him taking sabbaticals. As I understand it, the real reason for these was because Todd was having extra-marital relationships, but that was covered up at the time. I do wonder if we’re not getting the full picture here. Todd doesn’t exactly have a track record of honesty and openness.

Let me speculate for a moment by suggesting that Todd is still “damaged goods” as far as most of the church is concerned. In particular, his divorce of Shonnah, his subsequent marriage to Jessa, and his speedy “restoration” and return to ministry continue to concern people. His meetings in South Africa were heavily hyped by God TV (as usual) but didn’t catch on in the same way that Lakeland did, either on the ground or on TV. Todd went to a few places doing the same faith healing roadshow as he’s always done, and it looked even more of a scam than it did in the past. So perhaps
    people are now a bit older and wiser following Lakeland, and the memory of what happened there is still painful. He probably has a lack of bookings, financial difficulties, and is struggling to cope with the fact that he’s no longer the poster boy he once was.

7. John Payzant says:

Gordon Williams

Me

Paul D

The main thing here is the Bible

This healings, casting our demons, I never heard talked about in my Church of 1,200 with 2 Church Plants, St John’s Richmond & St Peter’s Fireside UBC Robson Square.

The NAR is all caught up got into too many things

I’ve been to Todd Bentley Fresh Fire Abbotsford 2002 was good but something seemed a little bit strange.

Faytene Kryskow was up there too of Extreme Prophetic

Strange Bedfellows & Odd Ducks they are always rebuking something in the Name of Jesus it seems

Another one of them is Ed & Wendy Rubuliak Moderators of Worship Invasion

8. John Payzant says:

They’re like Healing Rooms & International House of Prayer, Worship Invasion is as NAR as blazes but non of these groups admit to it

Why?

The tax free Evangelical Christian $ is too good

9. Julian says:

I congratulate and commend you Gordon Williams for taking a prudent and wise stance against Todd Bentley and his type who disseminate such dark and corrupt “spiritual practices. Fresh Fire, Toronto Fellowship or Toronto Blessing are all heretical. So many blinded people in this world that follow such apostasy.
    People like Todd Bentley and many of the counterfeit revivals in the last few decades in North America have misled so many people into eternal oblivion and darkness. When are these deluded false spiritual leaders going turn away from their deceit?

10. DEAR ME YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SEEMS TO JEALOUS CONCERNING WHAT JESUS SAID TRUE CHRISTIANS WOULD DO?
    Mark 16: 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
    19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

It’s sad that these so called Christians cannot say what true believers and Apostle Paul stated:
    1 Corinthians 2
    1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
    2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
    3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
    4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
    5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
    6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    9 But as it is written: ” Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
    10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

It is a fact that demonized ones, so called bible believing Christians, are not men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit, faith, power and wisdom, doing great wonders and signs among the people (Acts 6:3-10). So of course demonized ones, who are sons of hell, reprobates concerning the faith and men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith (2 Timothy 3:8), don’t want to know or hear the truth about themselves, and label such talk as hatred, evil speaking, unkind words, etc. Of course they find the truth about themselves annoying and disturbing and character assassinate the messenger because they don’t want to admit that they have been duped, are deceived, are on the way to hell unless they repent and get deliverance and true salvation and that is why they protest so much just like their friends the gays and lesbians in the world who are also sons of hell, sons of disobedience!

As Stephen who was full of faith, the Holy Spirit and wisdom, said about them in Acts 7: 51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

Why all the verses and the comment.

Todd Bentley is an obvious fraud and charleton. Why would anyone waste their time refuting his ministry when it is so obvious that he is a fraud.

Debating his words or teachings simply brings a measure of respectability to the man-and it is certainly not earned.

He is no different than the soundrals like the former promoters of Harvest Group in Calgary. The only difference is how much money they con out of those luckless individuals. Thousands vs. millions. People who not only seem to be able to be conned, but actually seem to be willingly conned by so called Christians because of their apparent failure to do even the most basic amount of research. I am meeting someone today who wants to sell us a high ticket item. Just did a quick google last night. Took 2 minutes. Guess what…no sale, the organization has a terrible reputation.

I daresay that if Bernie Madoff could claim he was now a born again Christian and there would be some suckers who would give him their life savings. I have never been able to understand why. Maybe he will try for early parole!

12. Me says:

Gordon Williams, such an angry guy. Spirit of anger masked as righteous anger?

I think you need to visit a revival meeting, donate some money, and then get deliverance from the spirits of religion and anger that are oppressing you.

Be free my brother, no longer let these demons torment you and influence your posts. You can find freedom in Christ if only you will choose to repent… And send money.

13. Anon says:

Gordon Williams is a classical pentecostal. Whilst he may distance himself from Todd etc (and rightly so), he still believes the same things – a post conversion baptism of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, etc. I concluded years ago that was all wrong theology. When you check out how it all began, you realise that there was nothing there other than a bunch of people getting over-excited. It scares me that it caught on and deceived so many people.

14. William says:

Hi Mr Williams.
    Sir you need to repent. Here’s why.
    You are on one hand speaking of the ills of this fellow and at the same time exalting yourself. That is pride and it stinks. I encourage you to look to Jesus and allow Him to form His character within you because what I read here is not edifying to Him nor to the readers. It is always and must remain about Jesus Christ the Lord and not what any of us can or cannot do.

Exalting yourself saying I have had to, makes you look silly and comes across as completely arrogant. Humility is something Jesus is full of no demon comes out by what we can do only by what Jesus does and who He is we are not even to consider it good that demons are subject to us but be thankful our names are written in the book of life. So I encourage you sir to be slow to speak and coming and posting a bunch of scripture to back yourself up is a I’m right you’re wrong thing and that is pride. So I rebuke you and say repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

God bless you as you continue to seek Him
    -William

15. GORDON WILLIAMS says:

Dear William,

Don’t be a hypocrite. According to you the bible teaches “judge not” and “speak evil of no one” and yet you are judging me and speaking evil of me?

For the record Jesus was a Pentecostal who was Baptized in the Spirit spoke in tongues and operated in all the gifts of the Spirit. And so were the first true Christians in the book of Acts Pentecostals! So unlike you I am in a heavenly class why you are in a carnal class!

Sadly, many Christians, in their search for God’s truth has been taught wrongly about the gospel of Christ. They only know in part and have been duped to accept whatever the enemy throws their way. But they have no choice! Without the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, we are powerless because we rely on our own power? The devil easily is able to lie, steal, destroy and usurp from those that allow him.

God wants to rebuke the devour on our behalf and restore all that the locust and canker worm have stolen from our lives…. From the very beginning. God wants us to take authority over Satan and take back all that we’ve allowed Satan to steal from us. God intended it for us and it doesn’t belong to Satan.

By faith, in Jesus name, we speak God’s word and watch it perform. We must pray in the Holy Spirit, God’s prayers, for then He curses the root of the problem. Often we don’t know what we don’t know. But, God knows all things!

Without the Baptism of the Spirit so called Christians are carnal and humanistic but not true believers! They cannot walk in agape love without infilling of the Holy Spirit. Nor, pray as they ought without praying in the Holy Spirit prayer language of tongues.

They are no better off than a nonbeliever without the power of God in them. In their humanism , or so called humanity, they are powerless to overcome anything on their own apart from God anyway. So what can we expect from them? The works of the flesh, defeat and failure! Nothing more and nothing less!

Having Jesus is one thing which most Christians think they have but having the Baptism of the Spirit is another thing!

16. rick says:

Gordon,
    You are so wrong on so many levels. According to your why of measuring Spiritually, all the of the disciples of Christ ended up carnal. If you bothered to spend a little time reading the outcome of each of their lives you would see church history records that most were put to death in one fashion or another.
    John spent years in prison on the Isle of Patmos. Why didn’t he name it and claim it to get off the Island? How about Stephen? How about Paul being shipped wreck, stoned and left for dead. Or perhaps flogged on five occasions? You sir do not have a clue what it is to be spiritual whether you have been baptizes in the Spirit or not. You sir at least as your words convey have a spirit of religious pride. Instead of putting your Pentecostalism as the head of all thing, try giving Jesus first place and see how that works out for you. Get back to us once you learnt to walk in humility for awhile.

17. William says:

Hi Mr Williams.

You assume too much sir. However you are again speaking out of pride. I am not speaking evil of you. I am holding you accountable for your arrogance and in responding you show even further how you consider yourself something special. Why do this?

You have been rebuked and instead of listening you rise in defense of yourself which is not needed. God resists the proud so be very careful because you are demonstrating you are full of it. You can call me names and spout off all you want I in return bless you and hold no ill will towards you.
    -William

18. Gord says:

Hello Gordon

A little Bible study on the subject of tongues in Acts 2 verse 3
    Act 2:3 AndG2532 there appearedG3700 unto themG846 clovenG1266 tonguesG1100 like asG5616 of fire,G4442 andG5037 it satG2523 uponG1909 eachG1538 G1520 of them.G846
    The numbers you see beside each word is from a Strongs Dictionary for the Hebrew or Greek word used in the manuscripts.

CLOVEN G1266
    ??????????
    diamerizo?
    dee-am-er-id’-zo
    From G1223 and G3307; to partition thoroughly (literally in distribution, figuratively in dissension): – cloven, divide, part.
    TONGUES G1100
    ???????
    glo?ssa
    gloce’-sah
    Of uncertain affinity; the tongue; by implication a language (specifically one naturally unacquired): – tongue.

So now we can see it was languages coming out of their mouths divided to each of the spoken languages that were there because if you keep reading each one understood what was being said. Now thats the true Pentecostal Tongue one mouth one voice being divided into all languages. TRUE CLOVEN TONGUES that will happen closer to the Lords Day Joel chapter 2.
    When I see one person speaking and all the people in the world can understand what he is saying at the same time then you will have what happened in that upper room. A true miracle.
    God Bless
    Gord

A change in location won’t change anything. If one does not face those problems, you only try to escape them. If not resolved, they will get worse. Just because Todd & Jessica left and moved to MorningStar, it merely changed the location. It won’t matter what victory one tries to achieve, if distracted by the roots of the problem. It becomes a matter of the heart.

Sometimes our physical conditions can be ruled merely by our fears of the unknown. I hope they delve deep enough and find those roots that are causing their distress. A lot of time the signs one seeks are staring one in the face.

20. GORDON WILLIAMS says:

It seems uneducated fools, rebels, unbelievers and ignorant ones hate tongues when the Holy Scriptures still says that true believers will speak in tongues and it was given to the true church of Jesus Christ as long as the church would exist on earth!

Mark 16:17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

1 Corinthians 13: 8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away (The Perfect being Jesus Christ has not returned so tongues have not ceased and knowledge has not vanished)

1 Corinthians 14

2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification. 6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;

21 In the law it is written: ” With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me,” says the Lord. 22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. 27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret. (Yes it’s biblical for each church service to have a psalm, a teaching, a tongue, a revelation, an interpretations, unless the church is apostate and dead)

38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
    39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
    40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

21. GORDON WILLIAMS says:

For those who want to be educated properly I suggest they read HOLY SPIRIT GIFTS http://www.freeworldfilmworks.com/gifts.pdf

22. Me says:

Gordon Williams,

Are you healing the sick, after all, it is a sign that follows those who believe?

Do you have any documented headings as Todd claimed he had?

23. Maribeth Curry says:

Gord Williams has had MANY documented healings over the years- I was in his congregation for 5 years about 25 years ago and there were many doctor documented healings then- can’t imagine that his anointing has left him.

24. Maribeth Curry says:

I’m sorry I can’t be really specific- that was a long time ago- but I do remember a boy with a broken arm had it healed, went and had x-rays the next day and the cast came off- there were many others- it was fairly normal to have healings every so often. But for sure Williams DID NOT use his ministry to flaunt himself or gain wealth for himself. He was on 100 Huntley Street for many years giving the scriptural basis for things that happened on the show and then went back into parish ministry and then evangelism.
    I don’t necessarily agree with everything he said here but I know him to be a man of humble character and not proud or arrogant.

I would hold off for the 75% off sale!

26. Pingback: Todd recycles | Bene Diction Blogs On

27. Jane says:

Matthew 16:4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.

Jonah was sinful and needed salvation…he repented in the belly of the whale crying out for God to forgive him of his sins and God had mercy and gave him life. This is the picture of all of us…sinful people…blasphemers of God’s holy name, liars, adulterers, coveters, thieves, disrespectful of our parents ..all of us. God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe. God loved people is this way…that He sent his one and only Son Jesus, the sinless God-man to die, to shed His blood…the only acceptable sacrifice for sins. So what will people do? Will they repent and believe? or will they instead wickedly demand signs and wonders? Jesus said to make sure that your name is written in heaven. Lord, be merciful to me a sinner was the tax collectors penitent cry..and God answered him because God is faithful even though we are despicable.

28. Pingback: Todd Bentley Stepping Down [UPDATED] | Wolf Tracks

29. Me says:

Where can we see these “documented headings”?

If there are many, please present them.

30. GORDON WILLIAMS says:

Todd Bentley, Benny Hinn and other Third Wave deceivers talk much but when the rubber hits the road, they can never document the healings as they are all fakes!

31. Me says:

Gordon Williams,

Where may we see your documented healings?

Just about all of them are.

They are so full of themselves that they either can no longer discern fact from fiction or they simply feel that they are justified in lying in order satisfy their incredible egos and public personas.

33. Brent says:

The gospel of absolute love if Christ Jesus does not pay. It’s why so few will proclaim it.

34. George Ewald says:

It saddens me to see the attack on a brother who although maybe broken is still a brother. I watched this as while things were blowing up in a good way in Lakeland, before Todd went through his public failing, there were many who deemed him to be in error. Where everyone was quick to condemn publicly what he was doing wrong while at least on a public level they never came along side in support or with scriptural loving direction and prayer. What if the likes of Lee Grady or other accusers came along side saying I will walk with you. Would Todd have fallen? Maybe but we would know it was on him and not for lack of the body trying. What about scripture that challenges us who are mature to correct in gentleness. What about the five fold ministry that are supposed to build up and encourage onto good works. I am sad to see the church at large so quick to condemn and so little that are encouraging prayer and declaration for a fallen brother. Say what you will but the spirit here on this page is not Godly but condemning. Gods spirit desires restoration and that none would perish. Maybe this is correction from the Lord on Todd and as Todd says he sees more areas of sin in his life, a statement which we should be applauding as it takes humility, but I can guarantee that if it is from God His desire is that Todd would turn not burn. We should be praying rescue not pronouncing the benediction at his funeral. If you have proof of something going on in Jessica and Todds life then you should speak encouragement to them. If not your conjecture here is malicious gossip at best. If Todd is selling product so as to live while dealing with a season of no income then let him sell. Why condemn or mock over that. Again malicious talk from brothers who are supposed to be loving. As someone who has travelled as an evangelist you still have bills to pay. If you have to choose about protecting your sheep from the likes of Todd then protect but this is not protecting your sheep it is crucifying another sheep that needs a shepherd. When scripture says we are to judge those in the church it does not mean from a judge and executioner standpoint it means from the standpoint of lining up with the word and determining will we partner with it. As to the question of where is God while Todd struggles with infirmity we can look through history and see various great men and women of God who died or where afflicted by infirmity. We should not look at what we see but go by what we know according to the word of God. He is healer yet many are not healed. What Todd, a human, struggles with in the way of infirmity, should not take away from what God can do to him, through him, in spite of him or anyone like him or maybe has done in through him in the past.
    Peace

35. Todd Bentley is not my brother even if he is yours but a son of hell! And we saw the fruits of this wolf in sheep’s clothing, in Lakeland the home of the criminal Strader family, including Dan Strader who is serving a 45 year prison sentence for robbing defenseless elderly even in his own church with the help of his father Pastor Karl Strader.

Since when is being drunk, having a mistress, lying and stealing offering money during the so called revival like Todd has done a trait of a true man of God? It isn’t but it’s a trait of an unrepentant son of hell who divorced his cancer stricken wife and traded her in for a younger model and gave no accountability for all the money collected in Lakeland.

And then we have all the demonic dummies who call themselves Apostles and were supposed to have discernment supporting this demonic nut at Lakeland demonstrating they were nothing but lying deceiving fools!

Further more it’s a fact that all the demonic Third Wave revival have no integrity or financial accountability and it’s leaders make personal gain from it including Todd Bentley, Stephen Strader , Rodney Howard Browne, Steve Hill and John Kilpatrick

36. Hey me! If you are a true man of God and have integrity how come you don’t use your true name? What are you afraid off?

For the record Jesus and the New Testament doesn’t provide a detailed report and documentations of all the people who were healed? But we know that they were healed because Jesus and the word of God doesn’t lie!

If you were not a scoffer and unbeliever, you would read our monthly ministry report about all the people who were healed, saved, delivered and Baptized with the Holy Spirit at http://gordwilliams.com/monthly-ministry-report-c284.php

I think Todd put himself in the public arena. So, there he stands now. Surrounded by the crowd. It’s a far different audience. This audience is a of crowd people, that take all kinds to make the world go around. I kind of think he sees that now, at least a little bit.

38. sharon says:

Wow! Such big responses! The amazing thing is it really doesn’t matter what any of us think as God is quite capable of exposing individuals – the Bible does say by their fruits we will know a true follower of Jesus. Thing is so many of us can start out with best intentions, loving God and being used by Him, but if we’re not careful, we can end up being deluded and full of our own conceit. The bible also says that we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, so I guess I’m saying leave the judging to God, focus on our own walk with Him, and pray for one another!

39. Denise says:

There is one thing we have to remember remember . What Jesus did on the cross was for Todd and his wife and the calling in his life and all of ours are without repenters And the sign of a true prophet is mercy . Have a little of it brother it can happen to u mr Williams. Be careful : ( your in my prayers Dee

40. George Ewald says:

dearest brother(s)
    All I can say is wow!
    I go to 1 Cor 5:1-5 where Paul challenges the church to put a sexually immoral one out from among them and even hand them over to Satan so as to destroy the sinful nature. I get the need to judge those in the church and scripture says that those who teach are held to a higher standard because of their influence but the purpose of verse 5 and its end is so that their spirit will be saved on the day of the Lord. That spirit being saved puts the likes of Todd back into brother hood and you and I would stand face to face with him before the Lord as joint heirs. What will the Lord say of us? Will he say well down though condemning servant or will he say well done you who never gave up the faith for this one to find true lasting salvation. To judge him is one thing to condemn him is to take on the task of the Lord. To condemn him can cost me everything because it hardens me and causes me to be bitter towards my fellow man and place me in to the unknown of unforgiveness before God. To lift him up and pray his restoration and salvation costs me nothing but some humility.
    The same for those you call demonic dummies. I to questioned how those who have been declared to have such clarity can be fooled. But I ask the question could this be a situation like Judas. Why did the Lord give him authority over the purse and call him one of his own for 3 years? How could the rest of the 12 not have seen and known something was amiss. True they did not yet have the baptism of the Spirit but they did go out with the Spirits power and saw the enemy bow before them. Was it not so that you and I could learn something along with the obvious needed betrayal. I humbly bow before this lesson with those you call the DD that I to could be susceptible to misread people and situations even though I am known to have a degree of discernment in these matters. I take this to heart both so I can protect my sheep and to keep myself from falling in anything that smacks of pride. All denominationalism is of man and so all of our man made religion is fallible as are we. Our thinking can be off and our lenses skewed by anything from sin to passion and zeal. This does not make me demonic but human. I to have known some of these to have poor accountability and little if any transparency and I choose not to partner in any way with those. I also have known some to be of great integrity and humility. With any I always choose to eat the meat and throw away the bones. I do not partner or chase a man nor his intellect but I choose to hear God speaking to me through them, even as if Balaams donkey, as I would try and do with you should I be under your ministry at some time as he gives me discernment to hear. If it is of God it will be able to stand on His word.
    I encourage you again to be gentle as a mature one. You say you are not his brother but what if you are according to God? According to Mathew 5:22 this would put you into a place of being angry with a brother and therefore subject to judgement. It further says to call them a fool or in this case a demonic dummy would put you in danger of the fire of hell. I encourage you again leave room for grace. Call forth Todds salvation and the rests eyes to be opened and leave the judgement to God. Peace

41. Dear George Ewald

Colossians 3:4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. 5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Your diatribe has been noted and belongs in the toilet as you and many other fleshly fools, sons of disobedience, like you in the Third Wave have ignored the word of God which clearly states:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. 3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Demonic sons of hell like Todd Bentley who practice adultery, selfish ambitions, heresies, and drunkenness will not and do not inherit the kingdom of God! Yes no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Yes we are to let no one, including George Ewald, deceive us with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. And we are not to be partakers with them but are to expose them ie Ephesians 5:

True Christians, unlike Todd Bentley and friends, heed and obey God’s word concerning holiness and conduct and don’t practice being immoral, drunkards, liars, and deceivers!

42. THE JUDGE NOT DEMONIC PHILOSOPHY

THE WORD OF GOD SAYS IMMORALITY MUST BE JUDGED AND DEALT WITH IN THE BODY OF CHRIST

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner — not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

SHARON SAYS

For the record Sharon is totally off the wall and doesn’t know God, the Word of God or the Holy Spirit otherwise she would not say such foolish things. The bible clearly states:

Isaiah 11: 1 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots. 2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD. 3 His delight is in the fear of the LORD, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears; 4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
    5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

By the Spirit, he or she who is spiritual and a true Christian judges all things because they have the mind of Christ and they are in a good position to expose all the works of darkness even in the church of Jesus Christ!

Ephesians 4: 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head — Christ — 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Ephesians 5: 8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says: ” Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.” 15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

In order that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, true men and women of God judge all things, including liars, deceivers and false ones in the body of Christ such as Todd Bentley and friends and expose them! Yes that is part of the responsibility of a true man or women of God to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

And since the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love, there are no “lone rangers” or special anointed individuals who are accountable to no one but God and don’t submit to one another including the demon from hell Todd Bentley who is going to hell not heaven.

43. Many deceived ones will miss the whole point that the bible says we are to judge and deal with the immoral ones in the house of God and it’s not an option but a command because apostle Paul clearly states further on 1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.

So what makes them so special that they can pick and choose what commandments of God in the New Testament they will do or ignore because they love and support demonic ones?

44. Richard Lambert says:

Adultery is adultery, in this case it is an ongoing sin, it is not past and forgiven, Todd and his first wife were both Christians and by leaving his first wife and marrying a new wife Todd has and still is commiting adultery, and he causes his new wife to be in sin as well. God forgives, heals and restores, a real testimony of God doing anything in Todd’s life would involve him being convicted of sin, turning to God in repentance and be healed and restored. Even his first marriage can be restored in God. The wages of sin is death, a man who sins sexually sins against his own body. Todd was a great one for preaching and administering healing, yet he fails to note that God’s law and his word has inbuilt power to bring peace and healing. A life lived right in Christ will bear much fruit, the fruits are those of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, self control. It sounds like the fruits of Todd’s life are exactly the opposite of these fruits of the spirit. Shortly before Lakeland in 2008 I recieved a prophetic word that Todd Bentley was not sent by the Lord, I shared this with my Christian family (parents and brothers) who happened to be in the USA at the time, it transpired that they were travelling to the Lakeland ‘revival’ at the very time they recieved the word the Lord had given me. Sadly they did not recieve the word and said I was wrong and was not hearing God, they said ‘we will see in the future the fuits and who is right, and whoever is wrong can apologise to the other’ Now nearly six years later there has been no apology, no restoration my relationship with my family was ruined and is yet to be restored. I believe that Todd Bentley and his fake revival caused such division amongst believers that the true extent of damage caused is imeasurable, certainly far outweighing any claimed good that was ever achieved.

45. Peter Waller says:

Jesus has not come to pull out the weeds from his people. We are called to love one another. Too many charismatics desire miracles as a sign of authority rather than truth and love. It is always much harder to walk in purity, openness and honesty, and wonder at why we see so little “miracle” power but much failure. Todd was a focus of this desire to see the spiritual in the world, when the miracle is we wake up each morning, we forgive those who we hold things against and we walk in love. If you learn to walk like this miracles will follow you, but not with a trumpet as if this defines God and his reality.

46. david braasch says:

So Todd needs a rest- wow. If any of the people commenting on this sight were doing one tenth for Jesus as Todd and his wife, they might be tired also. Todd has won several million people to Christ in his ministry, how about you? Once again, those that do little or nothing for Jesus are always ready to criticize those that are out working in the harvest fields! Todd is a perfect example to prove that God uses imperfect people- we are all earthen vessels. No one has arrived- except the critics of course!

47. Anon says:

David Braasch, Todd has not won several million people to Christ. He is a pathological liar – don’t believe a word he says. Likewise the idea that he’s doing a lot for Jesus. The church would be a lot better off if he was to get a proper job. His lies, adultery, and bad theology mean that he is disqualified from ministry as he is not beyond reproach. That’s what the Bible says, so please stop defending him.

So, to question Todd and Jessa’s motives is being too harsh. Have you ever thought that there are those who can see the seriousness in their actions along with the others at Lakeland. It would take a whole lot more than them dressing up and making their ministry attractive, to win me over. There just could not have been anything wrong when they tried to hide a deception. R I G H T! So, what’s wrong with going on with the program? Or have they allow those standards just to slip. Todd’s just got to get back to the better programs & fancier facilities. Or does he need the better & fancier to get more people added to his church? Todd’s church. Should put a little fear in all of us, what happened at Lakeland and what took place afterwards.

49. Cobbled Stones says:

David who said: Todd has won several million people to Christ in his ministry, how about you? Once again, those that do little or nothing for Jesus are always ready to criticize those that are out working in the harvest fields! Todd is a perfect example to prove that God uses imperfect people- we are all earthen vessels. No one has arrived- except the critics of course!”

David, I’d accept your numbers if you can provide some evidence. Several million? How many is “several million”?

Really? Do you honestly think so?

Where have you obtained these figures outside of the ministry itself?

Have you stopped to consider what you’re saying? It has been estimated that Billy Graham can lay claim to 12 million, with far less controversy than Todd, and many times the duration, and far larger audiences.

There are only so many believers to go around. I think you’re counting some twice – or maybe counting a few several hundred thousand times.