Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

By Rick Hiebert All Rights Reserved. Used By Permission.

I should have first realized that something may have been about to break in regards to Todd Bentley when I saw this in my inbox this morning.

He’s selling everything on his own Sound of Fire website–not fresh Fire–for 50 per cent off for the month of February.

It’s priced to move! As confirmed by this notice on Facebook.

Sound of Fire USA

And so is Todd? Seems he needs access to potential money that only he himself would have access to. And he needs it NOW.

At the very least, he needs a quick influx of cash to keep the wolf from the door of his ministry, as Todd Bentley is taking another “sabbatical.”

I wonder if he is almost about to sound like the home furnishings stores in Seattle Washington which were always “going out of business”, which were parodied to good effect on the old local Almost Live! TV comedy show.

Also, both Todd and Jessa are withdrawing from ministry for a while, following the cancellation of his trip to Germany and Austria in November.

In a January 17 e-mail and posting on the Fresh Fire USA site, Todd states:

I did end up in the hospital where there were several tests done to find the causes of the shortness of breath, racing heart, pain in my chest, and other physical symptoms. I am still working with doctors toward a full recovery. In addition, I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks which add to the physical challenge. The bigger question is getting to the root of what is causing these issues. With much prayer and thought, this has led me and our team to believe that for a season, it would be best to take a continued break to recover fully physically, and spiritually, using time to pray, and get closer to the Lord. I’ve come to realize that there are some areas in my character that still need work. During the time of these physical challenges there were things revealed in my life that were sinful, the result of still having cracks in my foundation. These unresolved personal issues are being addressed, is being corrected, and now in the process of being healed before I return to ministry. I will be working to pursue deeper inner healing to be sure that there is nothing further in me that could be a snare and hinder me from living strong and victoriously. As many of you know, I’ve had two burnouts and health challenges in the past. This time, I want to be sure that I make the priority my health, my family, and walking fully in the light before the Lord in everything. This process will be done with doctors, intense counseling, and working with a trainer in the gym on my cardio and nutrition.

The big observation would be that “Wasn’t this all fixed by the work Todd did with Rick Joyner?” During the Joyner restoration, he (Joyner) alluded to not wanting to do this restoration again if he could avoid it.

There’s something in the statement from Jessa as well, who alludes to her and Todd wanting to have their own children.

Jessa states:

A Word from Jessa:
I (Jessa) am so thankful for everything the Lord has done last year. Being apart of all the amazing fruit of salvations, healings, and miracles has caused me to be so blessed and honored by the Lord. I have realized in this time that I too need a break to search my heart and deal with some emotional conflicts about ministry, having a family of my own, and pressures of full time ministry. I also feel the need to fully recover from disappointment from the difficult season that began 5 years ago. Please understand that I am not in any way suggesting that Todd and I are having any marital problems. Todd and I are very happy, in love, and looking forward to preparing for a family. I will be supporting Todd in this season, as he is supporting me, to be refreshed in the Lord and come out of this season stronger and continue on in the ministry.

Two observations:

We don’t want to read anything into Jessa emphasizing that all is well in their marriage, but the Shakespeare quote “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” comes to mind. Sorry.

Secondly, the issue Of Jessa’s “disappointment” is interesting. We recall that Jessa and Todd wound up being on the way to a relationship during the Lakeland Revival in 2008. She mentions “five years” of disappointment, which would imply that she was uneasy with Todd not moving towards “one two, many Lakelands”.

As has been mentioned, I have been following Todd Bentley for the past 13 years now, so it makes sense to me that Todd now has sort of returned to the level of prominence that he had when he was operating Fresh Fire Ministries out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. He would do overseas crusades and travel around the US and Canada, much as he does now. Except that now he doesn’t minister around Vancouver BC and its suburbs anymore(where his starter children live). Also, he can now bill himself as “the Lakeland guy” with reflected fame from that.

So Jessa might be having to come to terms with being involved with a mid-level ministry. Todd has done this before and is used to it. Jessa is not. She might be having to realize that Lakeland was a “perfect storm” that made Todd merely a “nine-day wonder”, to use an old newspaper term. What if the “good parts” of Lakeland winds up to be the highlight of Todd’s ministry life? The prospect of tagging along as Todd goes from little church to little church might seem daunting.

A follow-up e-mail and announcement on January 23 notes that although Todd and Jessa are “on sabbatical”, Fresh Fire USA is still hard at work, with their main priority for now being building a “prayer support network.”

They write:

….Though Todd and Jessa are on a sabbatical, Fresh Fire Ministries continues in its operations. The Fresh Fire team and staff are still receiving prayer requests, answering phone calls and emails, and are available for any questions you may have about your continued financial support or how you may help Todd and Jessa during this season…..

Todd Bentley won’t be on the road gathering donations, thus the “fire sale” announced this morning.

But everything at the Fresh Fire USA ministry is in a holding pattern, circling the airport and waiting to land.

For now.

106 Responses to Big news about to break with Todd Bentley?

1. Cobbled Stones says:

Fascinating discussion.

The feigned outrage and vomiting copious quantities of irrelevant scripture, demands for personal identification, ad hominem attacks, and much frothing and fussing immediately provide a smoke screen for the painfully obvious fact there is absolutely no proof of any miracle any evangelist has done.

2. mike Arreguin says:

Todd, I believe I’ve gone through something simular to what you have. Please consider taking an allergy medication ! I’ve been put on Claritin, I bought the Wal-Mart knock off and has been working, no more violent regurgitation or what looks like deliverance ! No more triple sneezing . I don’t think it would hurt to take.

3. THeim says:

I have heard and seen many testimonies and watched Bentley in action. I’m a medical professional with 25 years of critical care experience. There is nothing verifiable in any testimony I’ve heard. Furthermore, most of the medical claims and explanation make no sense whatsoever. Claims of healing for subjective things like pain, etc. are impossible to verify. If he has “anointing” for healing, why does he have so many medical problems? Healer, heal thyself! The majority of what comes out of his mouth has no basis in scripture. Fraudulent, self-proclaimed healers are harmful to the kingdom of God. If one healing turns out to be false, the “healer” is false. Jesus never had any trouble healing those who came to Him. And they were healed totally and completely…without fanfare, falling on the floor, etc.

4. Smarten Up says:

I say this with all humility, I am not perfect in my walk with God. That being said, I am walking with Him. How could anyone who knows God (He wants above all a relationship based on the truth of His word) look at this complete fraud Todd Bentley and his certifiably crazy wife and think this in any way represents the ministry of Jesus Christ. People wake up, this is a crucial part of what Paul speaks of as a coming great deception. A minister of Christ is not the ringleader of a spiritual circus. This is the new age, occult kundalini spirit in action, google it and see for yourself. Do you not remember the deceived ministers who lined up in Lakeland Florida and prophesied how is ministry was just beginning, how it would soon go around the world. ONE WEEK Later God ended it. Run from this and repent, return to your first love in Him, the times are dark and getting darker.

5. shaun says:

God bless you Todd for all you have done in the kingdom of God we do not only want to be servants in the kingdom we pray to become true sons of God Romans 8 the hole of creation is moaning and groaning waiting for the manifestations of the sons God Bless you I enjoyed Tongaat Shaun

Whenever a follower of Jesus Christ faces a situation that can be perplexing, then is one ruled over by the Holy spirit or their sinful nature? Sometimes a situation arises when one would have to choose, and asked themselves, what would Jesus do? If you walk with Jesus, that choice would be a narrow path.

Jesus claimed he came to set the captives free, to bring good news, to comfort the brokenhearted, etc. It was to free ourselves from our sinful nature. To change our hearts and minds, to seek His peace and understanding of His word, not the law. Todd does not set anyone free. That is the Holy Spirits work. There is where one can find a manifestation, or a public demonstration.

7. Smarten Up says:

If Todd Bentley is leaving the ministry that means one thing. That my prayers and others like me are working. I have seen enough of this kundalini circus and am tired of seeing the dignity of my savior being associated with this nonsense. You have Kenneth Copeland and Joel Osteen meeting with the Pope, saying that this unity is of God. How can one be in agreement with a religious leader who says that atheists will be saved by their good works or that a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous. Google it and see. This is the great falling away. Hold fast to the true faith, those who do are about to be the minority. People will no longer insure sound doctrine, sound familiar? The bible tells us of this time coming.

Mr Bentley needs delivery from temptation ……………

Walking in fame ……… talking in dollars………… and indulgence

Simple really – but so far no one has had enough authority and power to help him and his not the only one’ condition of human inability to function of all pistons ………..

9. John Payzant says:

JUNK FOOD FAST FOOD TEACHING IS WHAT’S GOING ON HERE! FOR $

10. RoseMary says:

PRAISE JESUS. Seems all is not OK! With JESUS the way Todd Bently is Preaching & Prattling & Waffaling UN~TRUTHS. Todd~U have been WARNED by many GODly Folk & U Did Not Listen. Todd U cannot speak out UN~TRUTHS About THE ALMIGHTY MOST HIGH GOD & HIS BELOVED SON JESUS CHRIST & NOT B CORRECTED BY THEM BOTH. My BeLoved REDEEMER JESUS CHRIST has had Enough of U & MANY OTHER FALSE PROPHETS. PREACHERS. TEACHERS. & MANY OTHERS WHO R LEADING HIS LAMBS ASTRAY BY YOUR & OTHERS WHO R SPURING OUT VEMON MORE POISIONIOUS THAN ALL SNAKES COMBINED IN THE WORLD. LORD JESUS Says. * ” Time Has Run Out * “. JESUS` Words. Not Mine. BEWARE FOLKS. And These 4 Words Are For EVERYONE Around The World. Please Pass On. Yours TruthFully; Daughter Of The MOST HIGH GOD And The Apple Of HIS EYE.

11. RoseMary says:

GLORY B TO ALMIGHTY GOD. B Very AWARE. Folks kundalini is A evil demon/spirit. Folks, Ask The ALMIGHTY LORD GOD for DISCERNMENT SHARPER THAN ANY DOUBLE EDGE SWORD. And then Those of U Will B able to DISTINGUISH Between false Preachers. Teachers. & Any Others Who want to rob U All of your hard earned MONEY. GROW UP CHRISTian Folks & STOP! STOP! STOP! Being So Gulliable & Plain Stupid. Stop! Flowing satan And Follow JESUS CHRIST OUR GOOD SHEPERD. words From ABBA FATHER. D.O.T.M.H.GOD & APPLE OF HIS EYE.

12. John Payzant says:

got to 120 min of Todd

Todd’s life sounded very chaotic behind the scenes at Lakeland. Yet, only a select few knew. Still those select few made the choice to let him go on night after night. Todd challenged the main stream media to come and see Jesus appear there. They bolstered of the many resurrections coming over the phone. The prophetic seers where spilling out their messages for all to hear. God knows all our hearts, so was this not contrary to His on goodness, that this was allowed? I have remembered, God’s rule is where grace, mercy and power are experienced. Not the way it was at Lakeland. Forgiveness is to pardon and excuse. Yet, true forgiveness is from Jesus. I’m very grateful that the lies at Lakeland were exposed for the truth, so people want get hurt or mislead.

14. John Payzant says:

went up to 153 min from 80 is 1 hr & 13 min

worth watching

I for one could not bare the deception that was smiling into the sceen:

If we are to grub about in Bentleys half truths for the next millenium then my time is better spent taking the reason why – he is allowed to assume that forgiveness comes so cheap…………

Without THE SOUND OF LOVE covering his words – what you witnessed would be a whole different ‘thing’. I repeat ‘THE SOUND OF LOVE’ …………. deception’s tactics have assumed a whole different level –

You wanted truth right.

Power is a blessing or curse –

There is only one with the discernment to use it. – Never ever underestimate who came to ‘love you’ ALL !!

ACTIONS ARE MY WORDS ………………. said the PROPHET

17. Dave says:

It is Aug. 24 .14 If you go to Todd Bentley on twitter you will see his viking beard challenge.In the video He looks and acts drunk and high and his speech is slurred like crazy.On top of that his eyes are at half mast.Oh where did David Hunter go He was supposed to be with Todd on the 23 and 24 and Bam he is gone,and no explanation.I bet He went to heaven to annoy Paul like all the others.

18. “JESUS STILL HEALS THE SICK” (MATT. 4: 23)
    We received a praise report from a woman named Lynn in Burnaby, BC. who had telephoned me earlier in the year for prayer to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. We prayed and she easily began to speak in her tongues-language (Mk. 16: 17).She was also suffering from stage three breast cancer and was given no hope to live. We prayed and asked Jesus to heal her (Matt. 4: 23). And, He did! She sent us a note to thank and praise Jesus for completely healing her of the cancer. She is like the one leper of 10, who returned to thank Jesus for healing her (Lk. 17:15).

I have no doubt that healings do take place – HOWEVER

the fact that ‘many are called but few are chosen’

is something I have never accepted as a norm or a biblical rendition of who and what Jesus is.

There is no way on earth I would heal just one of my children NO WAY WHATSOEVER – If both are in need then I rise to the challenge –

The fact that healing is random and sporadic fills me with fear that this loving GOD would see some suffer greatly and some walk free from their burden ……….

20. Dear Hopesome, you cannot have a theology that is built on your experience, observations and opinions but solely on God’s word! And God’s words tell us that:

Matthew 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Matthew 8
    8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Matthew 12
    15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

So if you are not seeing people healed or you are not being healed, you should examine your own faith to see if you are not reprobate because Jesus Christ still heals today?

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

21. The total foolishness of the so-called cessation theology demonstrates that people do not study the Scriptures in Greek. While teaching at a FGBMFI Retreat in Sault Ste Marie, NY, I was approached by two Bible College Students who were studying for the Baptist ministry. I had completed a lecture about the 15 Gifts of the Holy Spirit and how they are to be used in ministry. They told me that they didn’t believe what I was teaching because they believed that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and Signs, Wonders and Miracles were not for today. I asked them if they had studied Greek and they both said that they had. I opened my Greek Bible up to 1 Cor. 13: 10 which says, “but when the perfect comes the imperfect will pass away.” The Greek word for perfect comes from the Greek verb “teleioo” is “teleion” meaning perfect end. I then turned to 1 Cor. 15: 24 which reads, “Then come the (perfect) end (telos), when he (Jesus) delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. Paul goes on to explain that this will happen, “For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed” (1 Cor. 15: 52). The Greek word, “telos” comes from the Greek verb “teleo” which is defined as; 1. to complete an activity or process, bring to an end; 2. to carry out an obligation or demand, carry out, accomplish, perform, fulfill, keep. Both words mean the same thing: the end of time when Jesus comes back to raise the dead. So both words mean that the “perfect end” will not come until Jesus comes back. They are both used to mean “to complete an activity, complete, bring to an end, finish, accomplish”. Telos refers to a point in time marking the end of a duration, end, termination, cessation, the last part of a process, close, conclusion, to be at the end, finally, the goal toward which a movement is being directed, end, goal outcome. Jesus used “telos” in Matt. 24:6, 14; Lk. 21: 9. There are many references in the NT using both Greek words to mean that the perfect will not occur until Jesus returns and the dead are raised. Until the, the 15 Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit are distributed so that all of people’s needs can be met (Rom. 12: 6 – 8; 1 Cor. 12: 8 – 10). And, by the way, when the two Baptist students read the Greek, they realized that the teaching that they had received was not accurate or true. I said, “Now you have had your eyes opened, what will you do now?” They went away without a word. Anybody who has studied Greek often runs into a difference between the various interpretation of Scripture which disagree with church doctrines. Jesus called of such mis-interpretations, “So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the word of God” (Matt. 15: 16; Mk. 7: 13).

It’s to be noted that Stephen, a true spirit filled Christian full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people

Acts 6: 1 Now in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists, because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution.
    2 Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables.
    3 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business;
    4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
    5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,
    6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.
    7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.
    8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

Nothing destroys dead Christian Orthodoxy and religionists like miracles, signs and wonders done in their midst. The demonized ones have no excuse for their impotence and deception except to character assassinate the Miracle worker. The bible tells us that people are amazed and in wonders when such things occur and even the skeptics become converted. Mind there are those foolish ones called Cessationists who will not repent of their deception and unbelief and unbelief!

Cessationists do believe in the supernatural occurrences in Scripture, of course, but they have no expectation that God will intervene supernaturally today except, perhaps, through providence. But the notion of the gifts of the Spirit being in operation today, as in 1 Corinthians 12:10-12, is out of the question.

Cessationists do not want to appear smug or unreachable; they simply don’t believe the claims of charismatics and Pentecostals who have reportedly seen the miraculous. They are not questioning our honesty; they feel we have been either too optimistic, perhaps gullible, if not actually deceived.

In my opinion Cessationists are arrogant, prideful, unbelievers or they would have acknowledged what Jesus had stated of true believers:

Mark 16:14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.
    15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
    16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
    17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
    18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
    19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
    20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

IT’S TO BE NOTED Supernatural demonstration was so important in Jesus Ministry, he would never minister without it, it amazes me that some preachers even today have abandoned supernatural ministry and have tried to replace it with entertaining the people with a lot on nonsense

I have no doubt that healings do take place HOWEVER – I question with all horror that he allows suffering on such a grand scale as beheading, mutilation, slaughter ect; which right now seems to outweigh the paltry amount of healings taking place……. So I ask myself why !

Does he like to see his ‘children suffer’ it would seem so ……..

I cannot reconcile him in any way with love or a loving God …….

If you love then you love ……….. and seeing someone suffer is merely a love of hate.

Healing means taking hate and cleaning its desire to hurt and harm …. which is where you will find that love you so speak of ………..

There are those certain religions, that will explain away the horrid punishments they incorporate into their beliefs and say it’s God, that no one can abide by. Yet, there are those people who will give their very heart, sole and life, to get the truth out about the abuse of those religious systems.

Jesus broke down a religious system with his words and those words still change lives. I think when Jesus wants us to have faith in him, he is saying I’m here. Like that tiny little mustard seed, that’s all it will take. Because there are those unseen horrible forces like a mountain, that can be moved with that little bit of faith. Jesus gave his very heart and sole for us to hear these words.

24. T.Heim says:

If supernatural healings are regularly occurring in someone’s ministry, they have an obligation to document them. If God is healing people miraculously, it should be obvious to believers and unbelievers alike! They were in Jesus’ day!

Speaking out justification Susan – denies justice

26. We are not God nor called to be God nor to understand all things but we are called to be the church of Jesus Christ and to demonstrate it! First Corinthians 12:28 says, And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

To me this clearly shows the heart and plan of God for the church. All these things are available for us as Christians today. However, there is one very basic requirement. We must believe. We must have faith.

In Mark 11:24 Jesus said, ATherefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.@This is a key to receiving from God. We must believe. Then we will receive.

In James 1:5-7 it says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man…” (the man who does not ask in faith) “…suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.”

Yes God’s supernatural power is available to all Christians today. Faith is the key. What is faith? Faith is simply believing that God will do what He said He would do and acting on it.

Only the God of the universe can offer justification. A quarrel will only bring in a judgement that will be overwhelming. A judge can open a door, then one can view the judge, and in this case for me, he is Jesus. It is a fact, there are those rebellious people, that will never break their pledges and change, because they trust a God that is mute.

It takes more than faith to move a mountain – it takes an overwhelming desire to defeat that which created it.

It takes more than faith to witness the true nature of hate – why because its witness destroys faith -

For the follower of Jesus it takes those small beginnings, that grows to produce great results.
    It takes faith to grasp who Jesus is and to know one is preserved by His sovereign authority. Because Jesus never denied this world was void of hate.

An annointed one is one who has (basically) a knowledge off –

If you want to know Jesus then you have to be at one with him – in truth its the only true witness – no one has yet been at one with him –

Faith – I lost in the lack of the human capacity to hope in all things and love no matter what –

Hope I lost at the witnessing of what hope really meant to those who had little or non of their own.

The horror at the capacity to destroy in such a way human life never leaves me –

I cannot under any circumstances believe that love can bring with it such a core of madness and hate – No way can love in all honour and mercy and compassion be linked to a God who seemingly allows such horror to penetrate our hearts.

I want what my children want – peace

and while there is such a capacity to destroy out there there is no (or only small pockets of) peace. Peace I can find doing the things I most enjoy to a certain extent but its not that kind of peace I speak of -

Peace on the ‘second video’ is portrayed by a good voice and a loving peaceful sound – ( I respect that) and have been witness to its mesmeric capacity in many a church. The sound allows those in receipt of its life a place to rest and dwell.

Benign love is not disimilar !

The worlds definition of love is not enough to halt the methods of those who are motivated by hate – nice though it maybe. Jesus knew that – so must you.

32. Matthew 8:16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

When Jesus the Anointed One walked the earth as the son of man and son of God He demonstrated the will of God by doing good, healing and healing all who were oppressed by the devil. This is a ministry that all true anointed Christians are to exhibit and demonstrate and I don’t see being put forth by so called Christians on this page when Jesus Christ clearly stated to all believers:
    Mark 15:”Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
    Christ Ascends to God’s Right Hand

Interpretation of your verses Gordon –

Jesus lives

Well you had better hope he does –

with so many counterfeits out there all professing miracles it will take one mighty miracle for you all to know who the genuine article is !

Life is like a garden. What one sows one will truly reap. Who’s hands are strong enough to hold all that exists? Who can build a fence with grace and protect life? Is there good that surrounds and is inside the same? Who was the first Shepard, the one with the staff, that can control life? What follows the chaff after the threshing? Who has the power to resolve, to open a hand and secure a life? Who can lift one up and say you are free? Oh, who is willing to endure the pain, so others can be honored and reap the benefit?

Susan

A garden is in constant need of weeding – some times weedkiller works and sometimes you need something way more effective for those stubborn weeds that refuse to comply.

So indeed it is with life – we have ‘big weeds and little weeds and so far the big weeds seem to be surfacing on all fronts !!

The bullet and the bomb while effective ‘weed killers’ do not eradicate that which created either weeds or the NEED of them – (animal life for one seems to ‘need’ weeds) !!!

We have flowers among the weeds – as we do in life – beautifull moments and beautifull ‘people’ full of colour and flow and and and it kind of balances the grunge and grudge of gardening !!!)

However not even the most effective weed killer has so far eradicated human grief at not being able to have freedom from its own creation.

There is a reason that Jesus spoke in parables – and actually said few words – it wasn’t pride, it wasn’t pathos, and it wasn’t I AM (better than you)

It was because he knew ‘who was listening and who wasn’t’

He knew where he was ‘planting words’, who would receive them and who would prefer there own ego’s to speak for them not him !!!

So it is when you have discernment that goes way beyond mans egotistical desires.

For so many answers one must see what comes from the actions? Like one can feel heat from a flame.

37. Hopesome, you obviously don’t know Jesus or the Word of God or you would have understood that He expects you and every true Christians who is part of the church of Jesus Christ to lay hands on the sick and see them healed and He has given to the church of Jesus Christ the gift of miracles:

1 Corinthians 12
    10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

Galatians 3:5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —

Gordon – I am not sure if you know quite the extent of the ‘sckness’ that is ‘out there’ or its depth – or the fact that daily we create yet another layer of its insipid march across our lives…………….

The bullet and the bomb create more of the same ………… chemical weapons create ‘death, mutilation and leave behind devastation in and to human life,,,,,,,,,,,,, anger when not expressed for one reason or another ends up as murder, to say the least and so on – every aspect of sickness has a root somewhere – branch and root Gordon !! You can lob off the branch but like a weed you need to eliminate the root.

Disaster has been around for thousands of years. Even predicted and foretold on Patmos. It only reassures a Christian, that Jesus is Lord of Lords and that one day God’s Kingdom will be brought to this earth. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was, and who is to come…..”

I am afraid that I am not as complacent Susan – right now the God of this world is bringing his Omega ever closure – the wirness of which no doubt he will blind you all too!! – for loyalty is not one of his promises -

41. Hopesome – your philosophical comments of hopelessness and despair should be on a pagan website not a Christian one? You seem to ignore not only the healing and miracle working power of our Lord Jesus Christ but also His remark: John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Christian website !

Labels Gordon can be burdensome – I never carry one ! – so don’t try and pin one on me

43. Hopesome, your pagan attitudes and words speaks for themselves

Gordon – be happy in that faith of yours -

45. Hopesome, your lack of works, gifts and ministry speak louder than your empty words!

46. Bobster says:

I get nervous, I get confused.

I don’t want to call something which is of the Holy Spirit as something of another spirit, and neither something of another spirit something of the Holy Spirit.

I was around during the 90′s “awakening”, I’ve seen it all. But maybe some more mature can answer this:

Re some people getting verified healed during a Bentley meeting – how can there be another spirit in operation and the people worshipping God?

I saw another video of Bentley’s wife praying, and she did some tongues praying; I wouldn’t have picked it up if I hadn’t been bombarded with anti-manifestation info, but one of the ways she was praying was very scary. Some describe it as a snake hissing. But again I ask – how can a Christian, acknowledging Jesus as Lord, filled with the Holy Spirit, do such things?

Lord, discernment!

Bobster,

What verified healings? 2008 Bentley stated on ABC news thousands of healings, but came up empty handed with the verifiable. Look, Bentley was the one who invited the mainstream media into Lakeland with his boastings, then look what happened . He fell into the pit he dug. I would not even try to figure that situation out today. Lakeland bore it’s fruits and then some thereafter. I wonder if those actions back then, did not stir some unconcealed anger beyond his control, to overturn Lakeland because of what was being concealed. I mean, to expose the misuse of prophetic teachings and actions brought it to a close. ” Like clay in the hand of the potter…”.