Two odd things about Bob Jones visiting from heaven

By Rick Hiebert. All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission.

Bobby Conner believes that the late “prophet” Bob Jones visited him in a vision. I’d suggest there is reason to go “I dunno” in response. Perhaps even two.

Conner, using The Elijah List, excitedly shared his experience yesterday [April 23] by e-mail. You may read it here.

He states that he is well aware that Jones has passed away. But he passes on what “Jones” has to say for encouragement, namely that there is a big revival coming. Conner grants the message great credence and validity.

Let’s grant, for argument’s sake. that Christians can have heaven-related experiences and should seek them. [I know that many do not agree. But, I hope to suggest that even by Conner's own standards, there is reason to wonder.]

Conner’s description of “Jones” may puzzle. He writes (emphasis mine):

Bob simply stepped into my study. I did not need to open the window, he just walked right in. His appearance was incredible: He was firm and fit, and he was dressed in a wonderful, soft, beautiful, elegant, white robe past his waist down below his knees, like a long shirt. His hair was extremely white and glistening. I was amazed at his skin: It was without blemish, white and soft, and his smile was truly radiant and beautiful. His eyes were bigger than normal and extremely clear, sparkling like that of an excited child.

In various accounts where people say they have visited heaven, they say that the people therein are in the prime of their life, say in their late 20s or ealy 30s, in perfact phsyical shape. Colton Burpo, subject of Heaven Is For Real. met his great grandfather in heaven, an the great grandfather appeared to be around 30 years old in appearance.

It would be logical, if you discount Burpo, to assume that the “you” in heaven would be a perfect, adult “you”.

Well then, why does “Jones” have “white” hair like the Man From Glad? If he still old in heaven?

I’m also reminded of the Biblical example of The Witch of Endor’s encounter with Samuel, called back from the afterlife. Let”S assume The Bible means what it say and says what it means here.

Let’s note 1 Samuel 28:15, where Samuel complains to Saul: “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”

Evidently Samuel was called away from a very pleasant place,wherever he was. He had been “disturbed” by being called away to answer a whiny, doomed king.

Let’s compare that to the reaction of “Jones” in Conner’s vision.

I was so excited to see my dear friend, I said, “I’ve been expecting this meeting! And looking forward to it.” He quickly replied in an excited tone, “Me too!” His next words were, “You are doing fine!” And he said, placing both hands on his chest, “And I am doing wonderful.”

Samuel, in the Biblical account, is perturbed. “Jones” is “looking forward” to being called away from the pleasures of heaven like a waiter at a diner with an eagerly awaited overdue order of cheeseburgers.

If people I know and love are in heaven, I’d understand if they were not bothered in order to cater to me.

7 Responses to Two odd things about Bob Jones visiting from heaven

I want what Bobby Conner is smoking.

What a wonderful opportunity to keep the ball rolling; the dollars rolling; and all of us in expectation of ……………………….. yet one more (wind up) from the American desire to lead in all things for all peoples in all places…….. I think Bob should be telling us that mans desire for war is going to be cleansed,

But then reality never was their/his strong point now was it!

Poor desperate people

3. Paul D. says:

What a bunch of con artists. This is about as real as a psychic hotline.

In desperation people will turn to ‘those who tell them what they want to hear!

and if that fails then there’s always Jesus !

ie; Jesus loves me even if you don’t', even if ‘they’ don’t (so I shall therefore devote myself to him)

Well; as I looked into this form of belief all I found was people who wanted to be Jesus; people who thought they were Jesus; people who needed Jesus;

when I entered the HOUSE where Jesus was supposed to live ………………….. called CHURCH …………. all I found was hope of things to come!! (as did those seeking him centuries ago) I don’t want the hope of things to come anymore from a house that for centuries has not come up with the ‘goods’ …………. Fresh bread ……………… yes we need its nourishment but like todays bread filled with addatives and chemicals to prolong its life …………….. it no longer has the ability to trap me into its hope that the vitamins and chemicals and addatives ‘will do me good’. Bob Jones passing is just a regurgitation of Bobs earthly life and to follow its utterences when he was ‘here; or now he is there; just keeps me hoping……………. like bread, that maybe if I add cheese or pickle somehow it will become more edible. and keep me hoping !!!!!!

It doesn’t ……………… bakers like church tamper with, assume I will be seduced with, tickle my tastebuds with but at the end of the day …….. take me more and more into their fantasies of what is to be, what I should be, how I shoud be. and yes they are doing it for me………… It says somewhere in the good book eat dung……………

my reply…………… get stuffed on your own bull

while I try to hang onto my own sanity long enough to ‘wheat from the chaff’ ……… this dung heap called the world and all those who worship whats in it ‘or not’ as the case maybe.

I love hope ……………. I JUST WANT IT BASED IN REALITY

5. Tim Callaway says:

Yikes! Vision, dream or nightmare?!

6. AtheistAtBirth says:

Bobby may have stepped across the line a bit …

I’m all for the position that commiserating with Zombies is strictly forbidden in the Bible. Deuteronomy 18:11 anyone who “consults with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.”

The story of Saul consulting a medium to bring up the spirit of the dead Samuel resulted in his death “because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance” (1 Samuel 28:1-25; 1 Chronicles 10:13-14). I’ve been out of church circles for a few years, but for 25 years I was taught that clearly, God has declared that such things are not to be done.

But – Let’s see if God’s word is true and Bobby has a statue fall on him, or if he merely continues his heavenly ways without interference.

7. AtheistAtBirth says:

Hopesome

If you are longing for a life based in reality, may I suggest giving up religion?

Why, you ask?

Because you cannot name a single deed done in the name of your god, or accomplished under the shadow of your church, that people without religion cannot duplicate.

These days we non-religious people do laser eye surgery to cause the blind to see, replace joints so the lame can leap for joy, and run medical clinics that actually heal the sick. Not too often do we have ghosts giving advice. “Poor desperate people” you say? You mean churchy people who are out of a job?

Bob Conner apparently took took too many painkillers or needed a reason to bolster his status, and resorted to imaginary friends dropping in for a little visit. If you want to “tickle your tastebuds” drop the religious pretense and try doing a good deed without scrawling gods name all over it. Conner might have been better off donating socks to a men’s shelter. Even us non-religious people can do that.